occasional clicking sound from rear suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what else could be causing an occasional "clicking or a tick" sound from the rear suspension? I've had the OME shocks for couple years now no issues, few months ago got their springs also put on the back, obvious clicking sounds happened each time when I went over parking lot bumps, got the bushings and links replaced, that took care of the sound. But recently I started noticing similar but much more faint and not often, maybe 1/4 of the time, you almost have to try to hear it. Is there any other bushings or dampeners that I should have looked at or something lose? I'm not familiar with all of the rear suspension components, just wondering anything else related that's causing the infrequent clicking sound.

Have you inspected the rear end for anything being loose? Brake line brackets, spare tire assembly, etc?

I think it's probably your emergency brake freezing up and clattering a bit, be sure it's all working properly. I had the same and chased it forever before working manually with my hand under the truck freed it up. Its a self-adjusting system so long as it's free to move and not binding up.

I will have to take another look, not sure if it is related to emergency brake. Definitely it is coming from the back, and only when the rear goes over a bump, but not each time either, very strange.

I will have to take another look, not sure if it is related to emergency brake. Definitely it is coming from the back, and only when the rear goes over a bump, but not each time either, very strange.

I've got the same issue after installing new Ironman suspension, FCP and rear springs and torsion bars. A Clicky sound. Everything looks solid and I've done some wheeling with no issues.

I've had a loose rear lower control arm, thunk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom