1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

objective pit bull reporting video --

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by erics_bruisers, Aug 17, 2006.

1. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

2. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:
  3. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

cleavage.

really, it is good stuff.

4. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:
    yeah, the guy with the Mohawk had an excellent point

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Before I go and watch it, is it objective because it supports eric's view or because it presents facts from both sides of the issue without opinion?

6. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:

ohhh yeah. it's a i luv pitbulls propaganda film

7. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

it's just goot s***e, and that is all :D

e

8. 74fjsemistock

74fjsemistock

Eric,you should keep your dogs away from those crazy ass Goldens.Pitts /Rotties /Dobermans.It's the Owners choice AND responsability.The question should be...How much to you want the State / Fed /or Locals climbing up your ass?

9. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

oh, oh, the feds are coming --

-- dude, go back to high school government classes -- the feds are rarely involved in canine issues, unless there's narcotics involved -- :|

10. 74fjsemistock

74fjsemistock

How do you know that?I was actually agreeing with you but putting a different angle on it for input other than the normal Bashericforhisopinion.I like the breed.It's the owners...oh thats right...you're one.:flipoff2:

11. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

decent --

-- it's just a good, noteworthy video -- that's all -- and thus-far, nobody is on my ass at all -- :D

12. 74fjsemistock

74fjsemistock

I know.But,it's still early.:beer:

13. Gumby

What, exactly, are you hoping for? :eek:

14. baxter650

baxter650

Pits will be the first to lick you and wag their tail.
    Because for them its just a big taste test!
    Hey i think i found a human that just might be good enough, come on guys lets eat!

15. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    While I am all over holding owners personally responsible, and I recognize the limitations of breed specific legislation (from my own conclusions reading about wolf-dogs), I have to say this report is way too emotional and lacks scientific thinking.

After all, one of the conclusions is that since 25% of attacks are from chained dogs, chaining must be the cause of aggression. Um, er, but, that means 75% of attacks--by far the majority--are from unchained dogs. I would draw just the opposite conclusion from a scientific standpoint.

As soon as a piece like that tosses out illogical information, my eyes glaze over.

As usual, it comes down to the old nature vs. nurture argument. So difficult to draw good conclusions when everyone involved has an agenda.

16. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    Eric, we were getting along so well without the pitbull propaganda. I have ceased posting negative commentary for the sake of the forum and I would recommend you doing likewise.

"Well", you say, "I love pits and have a passion for them."

"Well", I say, "I hate pits as much as Eric loves them, and I think I may hate them even more than he loves them." Yes it is possible.

Please keep pit related postings to a minimum for my sanity. I feel the need to post counterpoints and I simply would rather not take the time, yet I feel compelled to do so when I see your posts.

:cheers: Talk about tractors, water heaters, or something less inflammatory and volatile.

17. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

So Gumby's question was well founded:cheers:

18. 75pinz

75pinz

Recent pitbull news.

Walking baby in stroller + pitbulls+ cops = hurt father, and dead dogs
    This has to be what nightmares are made of!

DD~

Pit bulls attack man as he pushes child in stroller

Tuesday, August 15, 2006
    By Delen Goldberg
    Staff writer

Robert Walts was walking with his 3-year-old daughter Monday afternoon on Salisbury Park Drive in Syracuse when a pack of pit bulls came out of a yard and surrounded him, city police said.

The dogs attacked. Walts suffered multiple bites to his legs, but thanks to Syracuse police, Walts' daughter was not injured. Officers shot four of the dogs, killing three and critically injuring one, Syracuse police Sgt. Tom Connellan said.

Three pit bulls encircled Walts, 31, of 241 Milburn Drive, Syracuse, and his daughter about 2:15 p.m. as they walked in front of 641 Salisbury Park Drive, Connellan said. Walts was pushing his daughter in a stroller.

Advertisement

"He runs away to try to draw the dogs away from the baby," Connellan said. "They follow him, and he gets bit multiple times in the legs."

Walts screamed for help. A city Department of Public Works crew working nearby heard Walts' cries and tried to fend off the dogs. They used a long stick to try to prod the pit bulls, Connellan said, but the dogs ripped the stick away.

Walts jumped onto the roof of a parked car to once again try to distract the pit bulls and keep them away from his daughter, Connellan said. At that point, two of the three dogs began fighting with one another.

"These are vicious dogs," Connellan said.

While the dogs were fighting, Syracuse police Officer Don Schultz arrived. As Schultz got out of his patrol car, the third dog charged, Connellan said. Schultz shot the pit bull, which scurried off into a backyard. That dog survived.

Walts took the opportunity to grab his daughter, who still sat in her stroller on the sidewalk. As soon as Walts jumped off the car, however, the two fighting dogs turned to attack him, Connellan said.

"The officer puts himself between the dad and the baby and the dogs," Connellan said. "They pounce, and he shoots them." The dogs died on the home's front lawn.

More patrol cars arrived, and Schultz and other officers went to the house's backyard to investigate. There, they found two more pit bulls. One of the dogs tried to attack the officers, so police fired another round, killing the dog, Connellan said.

Walts went to Crouse Hospital, where he received stitches to close bite wounds on his legs. His daughter and the officers were not injured.

Õ7AndersonÕ Omari Anderson, 28, of 641 Salisbury Park Drive, and his girlfriend own the dogs, Connellan said.

Connellan said police have arrested Anderson several times on dog-fighting charges. Neighbors in the quiet Salt Springs neighborhood also have complained, police said.

"We have had at least six prior complaints for dog fighting at that address," Connellan said.

Police charged Anderson on Monday with second-degree reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor. He also faces three counts of having an unlicensed dog, three counts of having unleashed dogs and four counts of harboring an attack dog, all city ordinance violations.

Delen Goldberg can be reached at dgoldberg@syracuse.com or 470-6070.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/postst...7740.xml&coll=1

I have the (a)political blues...
    Infidel
    Sheepdog
    Molon Labe
    Some of my best friends are dogs...

19. Gumby

Well, it's kinda like predicting what's in a ruggy post. It sure doesn't make me Carnac or something.

20. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

i just wanted y'all to see the video, that's all -- it's well done --

-- now back to other discussions -- :D

e

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">