OBDII PORT and plastic spacers…..length and ID (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m installing my Scan Gauge II on the steering column of my 1997 with a solve function mount as soon as it warms up outside. I’ve read all the install threads and multiple people reference using plastic spacers from Lowe’s to move the port or fuses back. Can anyone using that method tell me the length of the spacer and the inside diameter of the spacer hole? I can cut any tubing to the correct length but would like to know the length and ID of the tube.

Thanks
Herrett

I’m installing my Scan Gauge II on the steering column of my 1997 with a solve function mount as soon as it warms up outside. I’ve read all the install threads and multiple people reference using plastic spacers from Lowe’s to move the port or fuses back. Can anyone using that method tell me the length of the spacer and the inside diameter of the spacer hole? I can cut any tubing to the correct length but would like to know the length and ID of the tube.

Thanks
Herrett
I can’t speak to the matter of using spacers but I bought a splitter off Amazon. The OBDII port on the splitter replaces the OEM OBDII port in the fuse panel, and behind the panel I plugged in the OEM port and the ScanGauge. Put it all back together and it looks as it did before I added the splitter. Also used the Solve Function mount (and sun visor) for the steering column. Nice clean mount and I can now keep my eye on coolant temps as I get real time MPG between fill-ups.

Thanks for the heads up on the splitter. Has anyone else taken this route?

i just unscrewed the factory port and plugged in the scangauge. the factory port is just lose in the fuse panel area. i'm emissions exempt so the only person touching this connector is me. in 2-3 years its never been unplugged.

i also have the unit mounted to the top of the steering column. i use it every drive to monitor temps, mpg, and mph.

Thanks, I’m headed in that direction for a quick fix this weekend. I don’t guess a loose port/connection could short anything out by contact could it?

nope, its not bolted down but i wouldn't call it loose. i certainly don't hear it sliding or banging around. i don't care enough to find the now lost original screws to secure it, but facing down...or source a splitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom