OBD2/Scangauge question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi folks
since I fried my gauges I've been relying on Torque and my OBD2 dongle to check coolant temperature however I cannot get a read of the voltage, neither the PCM or the OBD2.
I don't know if the truck is not reporting it or my cheap $8 OBD2 dongle is not reading it.
How is Scangauge reading the voltage? Is it thru OBD2 or have a separate connection?
I'm thinking on buying one of those cheap cigarette lighter voltmeter, but I prefer to have everything on one place (Torque in my case)

Thanks in advance.

I had one of these in my FJ60 when I thought my battery was going bad (7yr old DieHard Platinum). Worked great for what it was.

I had one of these in my FJ60 when I thought my battery was going bad (7yr old DieHard Platinum). Worked great for what it was.
I've used this on a couple of vehicles, too. Works well.

For around $10 you can get something like this

3 USB Car Charger,input12v/24v,QC3.0 Output 4.8V,Cigarette Lighter Voltage Meter Compatible for iPhone,iPad,Samsung Galaxy,USB Charging Devices,Silver Amazon product ASIN B072KBJN9Z

For around $10 you can get something like this

3 USB Car Charger,input12v/24v,QC3.0 Output 4.8V,Cigarette Lighter Voltage Meter Compatible for iPhone,iPad,Samsung Galaxy,USB Charging Devices,Silver Amazon product ASIN B072KBJN9Z

^^^^

Mine reads a little different than my ScanGauge (consistently lower)...but it's close enough.

Batt Voltage2.jpg

Batt Voltage1.jpg

^^^^

Mine reads a little different than my ScanGauge (consistently lower)...but it's close enough.

Do you have a ScanGauge in your 100 as well? If so, what voltage are you seeing?

Do you have a ScanGauge in your 100 as well? If so, what voltage are you seeing?
^^^
I do. Voltage depends on the load at the time...but typically runs between 13.4V-14.7V

Overhead6.jpg

All those who have the basic ELM327 OBD2 reader and Torque app, does it read the Voltage(either PCM or OBD)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom