Obd scanners PICTURES request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zooguy

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for pictures of OBD2 scanners displaying oil pressure, water temp and trans temperature
.... My 1999 Toyota Land cruiser has those dummy gauges that only read high and low and I would really be interested in seeing what my actual parameters are.

I love the ultra gauge.

Looking for pictures of OBD2 scanners displaying oil pressure, water temp and trans temperature
.... My 1999 Toyota Land cruiser has those dummy gauges that only read high and low and I would really be interested in seeing what my actual parameters are.
Wait, you want pictures of installed products like a Scangauge? This forum is littered with pics and threads of it. You'll get even faster results with a quick, targeted search on Google.

The scanner in my '99 is the radio running Torque with an OBDlink LX dongle. I've never attempted to display the oil pressure.
1629381913287.png

The scanner in my '99 is the radio running Torque with an OBDlink LX dongle. I've never attempted to display the oil pressure.
View attachment 2763494
Since these scanners rely on bluetooth can you also connect your phone/spotify to play over bluetooth at the same time?

Since these scanners rely on bluetooth can you also connect your phone/spotify to play over bluetooth at the same time?
Yep. [Android] devices allow several concurrent Bluetooth connections. I regularly watching the OBD data, stream tunes from Youtube Music on my phone and broadcast APRS data to my ham radio all via Bluetooth.

Here's the ones I use. This one is Ancel elm327 version.. Its the best one I used. I get it from Aliexpress. There maybe 2 version's of these Ancel scanner. I have used the Blue one and I know it works with Torque Pro app.

Ancel ELM327 OBD2 Scanner BT - Around $15 bucks from Chinaaa
Pro's of this one - Fast connection with BT. A little big faster in update speeds (just as I see it - not scientifically speaking), This one passes all OBD versions up to v2.2 (testing using the elm327 app). Syncs up fast with phone.
Con's - Did not work with Iphone. IOS. At least I didnt try it.

1629386993974.png

2nd OBD2 Reader I use successfully is

Kuulaa OBD2 BT 4.0 ELM327 - ~$11
Pro's - It works with Iphone as I tested that. Works with Android. Supports up to OBD2 v2.2 protocols. Slightly cheaper
Cons - Slightly slower when syncing up with phone.

1629387776951.png

View attachment 2763494
Yeah I'm going to need some more information and pictures of this setup this is absolutely awesome you have all this stuff available on your radio.

Yeah I'm going to need some more information and pictures of this setup this is absolutely awesome you have all this stuff available on your radio.
It is an Andriod based radio I got on Amazon. In essence, it is a tablet that fits the 2DIN opening in the dash. The radio is running the Torque app to display OBDII data and an OBDLink LX Bluetooth dongle sends the data to the radio.

Oil pressure: scoured inter web for info. Consensus is that there is not a Obd code for that.

Please prove me wrong.
I second. I already have the full pack version of OBD Fusion and oil pressure is not available to get real-time reading.

Anyone can attest if oil pressure is available on Techstream?

I have the cheapo Bluetooth from Amazon.

No oil pressure.

I can see if TechStream can read it.

20210620_093411.jpg

Does OBD Fusion have a trans temp feature? I haven't seen it on my free version.

Does OBD Fusion have a trans temp feature? I haven't seen it on my free version.
Unfortunately the trans temp will only show up once you purchase the MY of your LC or get the full pack.
09F76A8A-8357-47E4-AF25-036FEE45C9A4.jpeg

Awesome so it’s just a feature I have to pay for. I wish I’d known that for when I was pulling a trailer last month
Yes I think it’s worth it as it includes a lot of toyota, lexus and scion models
00D2CA27-28EF-4FB3-9C05-0B8483CD9C59.jpeg

Last edited:
I got the paid version but I still can’t get any transmission info. Is it because it’s a 98 maybe?
What dongle are you using? That can be a factor. I had to change mine to this since this is the exact model OBD Fusion support recommended:

Amazon product ASIN B06XTDFDPK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom