Oba (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

itbrokeagain

SILVER Star
Threads
I would like to remove my air pump and install my extra ac compressor in its place. Do the brackets exist or do I need to make my own?

I was thinking the air pump is down low on the 3fe. May be pretty tight to fit it in. I ran a York pump on my v8 Piggy for years. Loved it. Have you looked at the Puma for under $250? Take up more room but a great unit.

I have not looked into the Puma but the expense may be worth it just because of not having to deal with everything else. Thanks!

I did a York on my 1fz, and eventually moved on to a Puma. The puma ended up being cheaper, easier, and what I should have done to begin with.

If money is an issue and you're just looking to air up, the MV 50 is ~$60 and well proven.

I have a York on my 91 and plan to do the same on my 97. If set up properly they will outperform any electric compressor on the market. It's nice to have the ability to run air tools when needed.
The York will put out dirt and oil and needs to be properly filtered and regulated.

I have the Viair and it's a nice setup. I have the single compressor setup and would recommend the dual for faster fills.

Everything I have read about the mv50 says it will stop working or catch on fire after the second time. Not interested in that

Everything I have read about the mv50 says it will stop working or catch on fire after the second time. Not interested in that

I've had two bouncing around in my rigs for 10 years. Both still work perfectly dispite considerable use and abuse. The fuse holders tend to fail but it's an easy fix.

you read crap - I have had the same MV50 for 10 years on my 40, and now it is serving the LX - it once stopped working after airing up 6 35" tires because it got hot, but when it was cooled down, it aired up the remaining 2 tires just fine :meh:

that said, we have a Puma in the 80, and there will be one in the LX soon, too

happy with my viair....... hardmounted onto Phil's bracket in my rear 3rd row area along with some other stuff like inverter, axe and flashlight it fit my needs.

pics
E Ipad Sept 15 010.JPG
E Ipad Sept 15 007.JPG
E Ipad Sept 15 009.JPG

RS6tofj80- where did the basket on the driver's side come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom