Oasis Air compressor - Toyota 4WD Magazine Article (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
In reading the Toyota 4WD magazine, they did a comparison of air compressors and showed stats compared to a Powertank CO2. The only one in filling times that compares to a CO2 system was this Oasis Air Compressor (~$800).

Curious if anyone has one of these and their personnel experiance. I already have a CO2 system, but with 3 rigs, I was debating on buying a second system so when daughterofromer and I are on different runs at Moab, we would each be covered.

No personal experience with them here. But why not just get another CO2 tank....hell, get 4 of them for the $$$ of an Oasis. That's a great article, but for the money, I can't see buying one of those.

True to much $$$ for a compressor, even an extreme air would be better for the money.

Electric compressors are a waste of money, except as backup, IMHO.

TOO much money, too much amp draw, not enough air.

Belt driven compressors or CO2 are far more viable options.

Trail Rig: CO2

Remote Travel/Expedition: Compressor

I would never use a CO2 system due to the numerous failures I have seen on the trail. My ExtremeAir nearly keeps up, and I can run it forever (100% duty cycle). I have a big alternator and an aux battery, so current is not an issue either. Weight is about a wash.

For a cheap and tough to beat compressor, check out the Pep Boys add from this Sunday. They have a $59.99 compressor that fills tires like a Viair but for way less money. It's perfect as a back-up. I have one and it works as advertized. Made in China of coures...YMMV.

You guys have sold me. Looking at a second CO2 system. $800 is to much for air

yup, did an extensive google search on the Pep Boys one, read a number of reviews and it is indeed apparently a very sturdy great deal kind of unit. Everybody raves about it...
Sadly, used to be sold for $25 or so at Kragen on closeout 3 or 4 months ago...
(Dont' confuse it with the smaller unit, you want the 70 lpm one...)

Do you have alink to a review so I can see what one you are talking about?

Thanks for the link, but 16 lbs after 5 minutes even in that big a tire isn't that great. Maybe something for the wifes car when she gets a flat, but that would take a while when off roading, or am I missing something

I've got that little one from Checker not more than 2 months ago...it does the job fine, just takes awhile. I filled 4 37s from 15psi to 38 psi fine. And if you read that article, it came in like 4th place on every test...not bad for $24.99. Nothing could touch it for the money.

And just yesterday I used it in an "emergency." Went camping Saturday night and it did a fine job inflating the air mattressl, but we woke up the next morning to a flat tire...completely flat. I had to pull out the High Lift so that the bead would seat. But while I broke camp I had it hooked it up and within a few minutes I had it aired up to 19psi or so and we were on our way home. I'm buying one of the systems in the group buy and putting this one in the wifes trunk...but who knows, might just throw it in on long trips for old time sake.

p.s. I bought 4 of these now more than a month and a half ago from a local Checker...they might still be out there in your area as well.

I have two of these, one from Checkers and one from Pep Boys, they work great. One of them will air up one of my 295's from 20-35 psi in 3 min, so running two it takes about 6 min. to air up all four.

Romer said:
In reading the Toyota 4WD magazine

Is there an on-line link to the article or is it just hard copy?

-B-

No, different article, and I haven't found it online yet. I've been searching too...ever since my wife threw my magazine away mistaking it for one of the monthly ads that comes from 4Wheel Parts. :mad: You can order a 1st edition mag from them still if you really want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom