O2 sensor wire location … for relocation to manifold (‘94) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I removed the PAIR system from my ‘94 and I’m currently neck deep relocating the o2 sensors to the exhaust manifold. I left the old non-working sensors in place and cut the wires. Putting new sensors in manifold where the PAIR tied in.

I had no trouble pulling the passenger side wire through the fender well. It ties into the harness right next to the diagnostic port. It was an easy and obvious straight pull to there.

The other wire goes over the transmission toward the driver side. I lose it in there. I had a friend looking in the engine bay to try to see which one it was while I pushed and pulled the wire under the truck but he couldn’t see any sign of it.

Does anyone have a photo of which wire I should be looking for under the hood?

Ok, so I solved my own problem… and it was so simple I feel a little foolish. Just had to walk away and then it was obvious when I came back a day later.

The second o2 sensor wire — the one that goes over the transmission — doesn’t need to be pulled all the way through. There’s enough slack (though just barely) to pull it up to the exhaust manifold. Just get underneath the truck, get a hold of the wire, and place it as high up near the manifold as you can reach. Then get back under the hood and grab it.

Here’s a couple photos. The two o2 sensor wires have green tape on them. It’s a little hard to see the tape on the wire that goes over the trans, but you can see the cut electrical wires. (The open ports in the exhaust manifolds also have green tape over them.)

4C0B29AB-A21D-48EA-9991-77BAB9E727D7.jpeg

4D9A65BC-C95B-44A4-8F83-E186B7BAB5D3.jpeg

After getting the wires into position, go ahead and disconnect the connectors if you haven’t already. The wire with more slack is easy to do under the hood. I had to disconnect the other one while I was under the truck.

I used NTK o2 sensors which, from what I gather, made the OEM sensors that are now NLA. I also cut off snd saved the old connectors so that if the NTKs are discontinued I can splice these into o2 sensors for the 95-97 cruisers, which use a different connector but are said to be interchangeable otherwise. I left the old o2 sensors in place in the exhaust.

I’ve only driven a few miles since installing them. Drives fine. Check engine light is no longer lit.

Here’s what this looks like now. (Still have to zip tie them into place, but otherwise done.)

F7D04383-C7DE-4A54-8A35-8478A68121BB.jpeg

6A54723E-2B07-42BA-9B7A-EB08FC53FDA0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom