O K Lets try this again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My name is Joe and I am new, a friend gave me an 88 land cruiser a few years ago, With some time, love, and lots of hours under the rig replacing break lines she was good to go. Some time later Boston had a 30" snow storm, all the so called 4wd trucks on my street were stuck in their driveways but I, with out picking up a shovel no less was not, somehow I took great pleasure in pulling up the street and letting the explorer and expedition crowd know that I was going for a leisurely drive to the (connah) store," thats how we say it here",and do they need anything, 1 neighbor and friend who by the way has an exceptionally shiny ford expedition swallowed his pride and with a slight grin mumbled the paper and some milk I told him I didn't hear him and his reply was you heard me fine you pri?* sure I exclaimed be back in a jiffy and by the way maybe we'll pull your truck out later. Right then I knew this was the truck for me, those of you who are still reading are probably saying your in the wrong forum but Im not and i'll tell you why, we had our 4th child 1 year ago + me and ma+no third row seat=97 lx 450 97 k mi diff locks and an absolute cream puff so nice in fact I found a note on it 2 weeks ago with an offer to buy it, I called the guy back to thank him for his interest but N F S he told me about you guys,I posted a question last week with not enough info so I was told to get a scan I did I also did a search and got some info on the first code po116 but nothing on po401 thanks for your patients excuse the grammar the nuns hated it too and ps. any good starter trails in MA.

that was a good read after all.... I moved from a 62 to an 80, though not voluntarily I still miss it.

Sorry I am in the OBDI crowd.............but welcome:flipoff2:to mud.

My name is Joe and I am new, a friend gave me an 88 land cruiser a few years ago, With some time, love, and lots of hours under the rig replacing break lines she was good to go. Some time later Boston had a 30" snow storm, all the so called 4wd trucks on my street were stuck in their driveways but I, with out picking up a shovel no less was not, somehow I took great pleasure in pulling up the street and letting the explorer and expedition crowd know that I was going for a leisurely drive to the (connah) store," thats how we say it here",and do they need anything, 1 neighbor and friend who by the way has an exceptionally shiny ford expedition swallowed his pride and with a slight grin mumbled the paper and some milk I told him I didn't hear him and his reply was you heard me fine you pri?* sure I exclaimed be back in a jiffy and by the way maybe we'll pull your truck out later. Right then I knew this was the truck for me, those of you who are still reading are probably saying your in the wrong forum but Im not and i'll tell you why, we had our 4th child 1 year ago + me and ma+no third row seat=97 lx 450 97 k mi diff locks and an absolute cream puff so nice in fact I found a note on it 2 weeks ago with an offer to buy it, I called the guy back to thank him for his interest but N F S he told me about you guys,I posted a question last week with not enough info so I was told to get a scan I did I also did a search and got some info on the first code po116 but nothing on po401 thanks for your patients excuse the grammar the nuns hated it too and ps. any good starter trails in MA.

Welcome.

The grammar nuns (including me on occasion) are still gonna hate it, so let me clarify:

You need info on codes PO116 (you've found some already) and PO401.

Cheers,

Curtis

what parts do I need, or is it not that simple? the cel comes no and off if that gives any clue, and also when I bought the truck the cel came on and the dealer scanned it and changed a couple of sensors, what ones I really do not remember and also could he have neglected to clear the memory on one of those jobs or is the memory clearing procedure automatic after the work is done and the cel is reset.any help is appreciated

Welcome.

The grammar nuns (including me on occasion) are still gonna hate it, so let me clarify:

You need info on codes PO116 (you've found some already) and PO401.

Cheers,

Curtis
YES PLEAS

I find it very difficult to read your posts. In fact, I stopped reading part way through your first one and did not bother with the rest of your posts. As a courtesy to others that would like to help you, try to apply at least a few grammatical rules. For example, you could start by capitalizing the first letter of every sentence.

The first thing to do is to fix the PO116 code. That indicates that the engine isn't warming up properly. The PO401 is an insufficient EGR flow code. This is monitored by measuring the temperature of the EGR system.

If your truck is running cold that might cause both issues.

Do you live in Boston or just reference the location as I do?

The first thing to do is to fix the PO116 code. That indicates that the engine isn't warming up properly. The PO401 is an insufficient EGR flow code. This is monitored by measuring the temperature of the EGR system.

If your truck is running cold that might cause both issues.

Do you live in Boston or just reference the location as I do?

I do live in Boston city limits,,,Any trails in MA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom