NY state registration for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I just thinking to bring FJ40 (with original Toyota engine) to NY from other state. It will be a new project for me.
Can anyone tell me any troubles I encountered in registering it? Has anyone done this in New York lately? Also assuming it is possible, should I looking for particular model year (after 1976)? Thank you for help.

As long as the vehicle has a bill of sale and was legally registered in the US, you should not have an issue.

Get copies of everything. Some states have titles, some do not. A state title helps.

76 and later have front disc breaks. The 40 forum has a FAQ thread:

40-series FAQ

Good luck in your search and welcome.

As long as the vehicle has a bill of sale and was legally registered in the US, you should not have an issue.

Get copies of everything. Some states have titles, some do not. A state title helps.

76 and later have front disc breaks. The 40 forum has a FAQ thread:

40-series FAQ

Good luck in your search and welcome.

Thank you for reply. I do familiar with this grate and helpful thread. I just wondering if disc breaks and all letter improvement in Fj40 are require for NY registration. Also how about smog test? Dos DMV asking any additional equipment installation to past a smog test?

25 years old and older are exempt from smog testing.

Drum brakes need to be adjusted more frequently than disc. With 2 wheel cylinders per drum, it can be frustrating to adjust.

You don't need disc brakes to register but some will upgrade older vehicles to disc brakes due to better stopping performance.

25 years old and older are exempt from smog testing.

Drum brakes need to be adjusted more frequently than disc. With 2 wheel cylinders per drum, it can be frustrating to adjust.

You don't need disc brakes to register but some will upgrade older vehicles to disc brakes due to better stopping performance.

Got it. Thank you. This give me the green light :)

Yankee Toys and Gotham City Land Cruisers are the 2 clubs in our area.

Both are family friendly and their events offer trails from stock to you will break something.

If you haven't, consider joining 1 or both.

Hope to see you at a meeting or on the trail with your 40.

Yankee Toys and Gotham City Land Cruisers are the 2 clubs in our area.

Both are family friendly and their events offer trails from stock to you will break something.

If you haven't, consider joining 1 or both.

Hope to see you at a meeting or on the trail with your 40.

I just look at Gotham City Land Cruisers website and look a few video from them. Grate meetings and grate people. I would like to be a part of this and defiantly consider to joining both. Unfortunately too early for trail, my Fj40 is the hard working project not even in my garage yet :) I new in Cruiser world, I will need a lot of help from you guys.

GCLC - Coal Mine Cruiser Classic is in July. We are having our 20th anniversary run this year.

YT - Fall Gathering is in Oct.

This year, next year, whenever you can make it.

Be warned, it is an addiction. Once you get 1 Land Cruiser you tend to get another.

It is a great hobbie, you will curse it but enjoy it.

Be warned, it is an addiction. Once you get 1 Land Cruiser you tend to get another.

It is a great hobbie, you will curse it but enjoy it.

Too late,... I am already addicted :) Now time to convince my wife what this is just a car. Because she already feel something ... :)

Tell her there is nothing better to enjoy with the fmily than wheeling and camping with any of the Land Cruiser clubs.

The kids enjoy getting out and meeting other kids. Even better, when they get old enough to reach the pedals and drive.

All my kids are grown but still find time to make it to various club events to camp and wheel with the "old man".

Tell her there is nothing better to enjoy with the fmily than wheeling and camping with any of the Land Cruiser clubs.

The kids enjoy getting out and meeting other kids. Even better, when they get old enough to reach the pedals and drive.

All my kids are grown but still find time to make it to various club events to camp and wheel with the "old man".
She and my little daughter will like this part.

I just look at Gotham City Land Cruisers website and look a few video from them. Grate meetings and grate people. I would like to be a part of this and defiantly consider to joining both. Unfortunately too early for trail, my Fj40 is the hard working project not even in my garage yet :) I new in Cruiser world, I will need a lot of help from you guys.
You don't need a running Cruiser and you don't need to be a member to come to the GCLC winter meeting. Bring the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom