BaT NY - FJ80 (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series

1620604232175.png

It looks as though she suffering from some clear coat failure but she looks pretty solid... :cool:

I think it looks solid as well. Redo all the add ons and put a new set of steel wheels with new tires and this truck starts to clean up pretty nice. I love that patina.

You guys are either on drugs or have no clue what you are talking about.

this is a s***box not worth more than $2K MAX.

Has everyone gone insane?
I thought the same as the other folks: cosmetically it's rough, but everything else seems ok. I'd feel way better with some maintenance records though.

What are you seeing in the pics that gives you that conclusion? No snark, just an honest question and I'm trying to learn what to look for.

Wow, yea $17k in insane for a 91 unless it is very very nice and original with low miles. This one is cosmetically rough. I would give $5k to $6k for it in a second and spend another $3k on it to bring it up a level. I might be worth $10 to $12 after a good bit of detailing and painting along with new tires. Probably money to be made on it in the right hands, but not enough for a dealer to justify the effort. This truck needs to go to an enthusiast who would enjoy working on it. ( LIKE ME) it is just too far from me.

I can be equally as ornery.
Thanks for the warning.

This is a well-worked sled that is rusty as f***.
I guess that's what I'm asking about. I'm new to the 80 series having owned a 200 in the past so I really don't know very well what I'm looking at yet nor do I have much to compare it to...which is why I was asking those more experienced what *they* see. Thanks for the feedback.

Which aspects to you seem "ok"?
Well, it runs and drives. Frame seems to be in decent shape. I didn't mean to imply it was a show-winner, but it's "ok". I thought that perhaps it would be a good candidate to get into cheaply but still be able to drive while working on getting it in better shape.

A bit surprising this one made it to Bring A Trailer. Rust doesn't look terrible to me but it's definitely well entrenched. Gotta love the muffler hole and "IpoopMud" sticker. He should have taken the $7K! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom