SOLD NY: 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado LJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Quick Specs

Year: 1993
Make: Toyota
Model: Land Cruiser Prado
Chassis No/VIN: LJ78-0033337
Trim: SX
Engine: 2LTE
Transmission: A343F w/ Rear Diff Lock & Front Electronic Hub Locks
Mileage: 275,000 KM / 170,000 Miles

Price: $19,000
Title: Clean New York State Title in my name

I'm selling my LJ78 Land Cruiser that I imported from Japan at the beginning of this year. I have done some work on it and it currently runs and drives without issue. However, it is definitely more of a running/daily-driveable project versus a mint, already-restored unit. Rough around the edges, but is taking shape.

I have tried to outline as much as possible about the truck and its flaws below. If you are interested or need any additional photos or videos, please let me know. Thanks for the interest!

Exterior

The exterior has seen some better days. Originally a blue-gray metallic, the truck was repainted black in Japan, but is now suffering from some clear coat peel on the hood, fenders, and roof. There are dents, dings, and scratches associated with a 25-year old car, and some rust. *Please see photos for more information* The worst rust is on the left rear rocker and there is about 1” of bubbling under the left-side rear quarter glass and under the front grill on the grill garnish. The driver's side fender also has peeling/chipping paint in the lower corner near the bumper garnish. The truck could benefit from a respray, but I have enjoyed it as is. Glass all around has no cracks, OEM big rain visors are still in place. All side mirrors have some fading on the glass, but all are still operable and function as they should.

The exterior lighting has been upgraded to have LED H4 Housing headlights, clear turn signals, and LED tail lights.

16” aftermarket alloy wheels are wrapped with Kenda Klever tires which should be replaced soon.

The Spare Tire mount has been removed by the previous owner.

Interior

The interior has been fitted with an authentic Nardi Wood Steering Wheel & Boss Kit. LED bulbs have been installed into the cluster as well as the Auto Meter Pyrometer and Water Temp Gauges that are at home inside a custom A-pillar pod from Australia.

The audio system has been upgraded to include a Pioneer 1770 NEX head unit with Carplay and Bluetooth along with a flush-dash mounted USB plug. A backup camera has also been installed. Pioneer Carrozzeria speakers are installed both front and rear, with the front 4” benefitting from added foam baffles. A JBL Basspro Nano and NVX VADM4 100W X 4 Amplifier have been installed under the seat using a custom mount to save cargo room and hide the audio system from view as much as possible.

All power windows operate as they should, along with both the front and rear heater. However, the AC currently is inoperable, needing either a compressor clutch or complete compressor unit. There is minor rip in the piping of the driver’s seat, shown in photos. As with many 78-series Cruisers, the third row was removed a long time ago to make room for cargo and it has not made its way back into the truck.

Mechanical

The 2LTE engine currently has no known issues, though the next owner may want to personalize their own upgrades to the powerplant in order to mitigate any potential head cracking issues in the future. The front wheel bearings will need to be serviced soon.

Transmission shifts are smooth and O/D and ECT PWR functions work as they should. 4WD with electronic hub locks are functioning, as is the rear diff lock.

Recent Maintenance & Repairs Completed
  • Oil & Filter Change with Rotella T5 & OEM Toyota Filter
  • ATF Drain & Fill with OEM Toyota T-IV
  • Dash Clock repaired
  • Door Lock Module repaired
  • Driver Door Lock Actuator repaired
  • New Wiper Blades
  • 2x New Interstate Batteries (Dual Battery Setup, 12V)

Upgrades
  • Pioneer NEX Carplay Headunit w/ dash mounted USB
  • Backup Camera
  • JBL Basspro Nano & NVX 100x4 amp custom mounted under seat
  • LED Headlights
  • LED Red/Clear Tail Lights
  • AUDM A-Pillar Gauge Cluster
  • Auto Meter Pyrometer & Water Temp Gauges 52mm
  • Authentic Nardi Wood Steering Wheel w/ Boss Kit
  • Viper Keyless Entry System w/ Alarm
  • LED Cluster lights
  • Old Man Emu/ARB Shocks & Springs - 2” Lift Kit
  • Sankei Tie Rod & Radius Rod Ends
  • Sankei Sway Bar End Links & Sway Bar Bushings

Needs / Future Work Required

• Repair to peeling paint
  • Left Rear Rocker & under left quarter glass rust repair - see photos
  • Front bearings/hubs will need service soon
  • EGR system has not been removed
  • Will need new tires soon
  • A/C Does not work - new compressor recommended - was converted to R134a

Includes
  • 1x OEM Toyota Key
  • 2x Viper Key FOBs
  • 2x Spare Keys

The Prado is currently available for viewing in Nassau County, Long Island. Please message with interest or questions. Thanks again!

IMG_6589.jpg
IMG_6588.jpg
IMG_6587.jpg
IMG_6592.jpg
IMG_6591.jpg

If additional photos are needed, let me know. I'll be happy to answer any questions about the Prado!

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6623.jpg

IMG_6618.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom