NWTI question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of getting a NWTI bumper kit, and was wondering if anyone had experience with moving the a/c dryer? I don't really want it dangling down there unprotected. What is involved?

Unbolt and carefully bend the lines and move the dryer until it is where you would like it.

One more feature I like about my 93 is the ac dryer being mounted between the battery and the radiator up high under the hood.

You won’t be able to run a winch with integrated solenoid pack on the NWTI bumper FYI.

One more feature I like about my 93 is the ac dryer being mounted between the battery and the radiator up high under the hood.

You won’t be able to run a winch with integrated solenoid pack on the NWTI bumper FYI.
Must be an early 93. Maybe even manufactured in 92?
My 10/93 has it behind the bumper.

Last edited:
May must have been the change over month. My 05.93 has it down by the bumper.

May must have been the change over month. My 05.93 has it down by the bumper.
Thanks for prompting me to review my door sticker. Mine has a build date of 2/93. I’ve edited my earlier post to reflect this.

Unbolt and carefully bend the lines and move the dryer until it is where you would like it.

Do I bend it up or down/ left or right? Any body have pictures of theirs? Maybe twist it a little as well? Who has bolted theirs back afterward?

Do I bend it up or down/ left or right? Any body have pictures of theirs? Maybe twist it a little as well? Who has bolted theirs back afterward?
Mine broke the first time I went to bend it. So wear safety squints

Mine broke the first time I went to bend it. So wear safety squints
Well, that's not very encouraging. Will do, and a face shield, too.

If you had to do it again, what would you do differently?

Well, that's not very encouraging. Will do, and a face shield, too.

If you had to do it again, what would you do differently?
Nothing. It needs to be bent and works great once done. But it's a line under pressure. Wear gloves and a face shield and bend the tubes carefully.

I bent mine so it sits at a 45* angle. There was even a bolt hole in the right spot for the bracket. I'm sure it will catastrophically fail at some point, but it's been working fine for 14 years or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom