NWOR (Northwest Overland Rally) - Anyone interested in going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to see if any 100 series owners have gone or are interested in going to NWOR. I know a few 200 series guys that are going. Sounds like a fun time. I’m in the Seattle area and would be down to meetup and caravan out to Plain/ Leavenworth.

Dates for 2020 are June 18-21
NWOR Website

Looking to see if any 100 series owners have gone or are interested in going to NWOR. I know a few 200 series guys that are going. Sounds like a fun time. I’m in the Seattle area and would be down to meetup and caravan out to Plain/ Leavenworth.

NWOR Website

If you're just looking to meet people, and make new friends, I'd encourage you to go. If you actually want to get out and explore/ride trails, etc., this is probably not the event you want to attend.

For years it shared the same weekend/area as the Touratech Rally. I've been a ride leader for the TT Rally for a number of years, and the NWOR crew typically setup their vehicles in the field, and just checked out what all the vendors had brought, and never left camp. There were some (not a lot) of folks who actually packed-up each day, and would venture out on the trails.

If you really want to meet some nice folks, and get out and enjoy the PNW and the sights that you can only get to by capable vehicles, you need to join the Seattle Cruiserhead Facebook group, or get to know some of the folks at Mule Expedition Outfitters in Issaquah. I think you'll enjoy yourself much more in the end this way.

Of course, this is just my opinion, and it means very little.

NWOR Website
I think about going every year, but never have. I'll definitely re-visit the idea when it gets a bit closer and will keep an eye on your thread. I'm more attracted to the learning/tech/checking out other setups aspect than group trail runs etc, so the above is encouraging, for me at least.

Last edited:
If you're just looking to meet people, and make new friends, I'd encourage you to go. If you actually want to get out and explore/ride trails, etc., this is probably not the event you want to attend.

I’m interested in both meeting people and trail rides. I’ve ran quite a few trails in the area, usually by myself as I only know a few people in the area and it’s hard to coordinate everyone for a trip.

I think about going every year, but never have. I'll definitely re-visit the idea when it gets a bit closer and will keep an eye on your thread. I'm more attracted to the learning/tech/checking out other setups aspect than group trail runs etc, so the above is encouraging, for me at least.

Yea it is a ways out, but I saw some chatter about it in the 200 series forum and wanted to test the waters for 100 series interest.

Yea it is a ways out, but I saw some chatter about it in the 200 series forum and wanted to test the waters for 100 series interest.
I'll be interested to see the response here. I'm just Northeast-ish of Seattle and I've met met exactly *one* 100 series guy out in the world in the last 4 years of owning one ....a really nice guy that runs a 100 series Facebook page (national page... Not so much local I don't think... Not positive as I don't do the Facebooks)

I'll be interested to see the response here. I'm just Northeast-ish of Seattle and I've met met exactly *one* 100 series guy out in the world in the last 4 years of owning one ....a really nice guy that runs a 100 series Facebook page (national page... Not so much local I don't think... Not positive as I don't do the Facebooks)

I’ve had pretty much the same experience. I see quite a few around town...never seen one out on a trail. Always driving or parked so I don’t get a chance to talk to the owners. I’m in Ballard so pretty centrally located.

I think Seattle Cruiserheads meets up monthly. They alternate between a North and a South meeting location. I’m also not on Facebook either, so I’m out of the loop, too.

Any 100 series owners go to Cruiserheads meetups regularly?

I'm in!

I was planning on attending regardless however meeting up and caravanning would be awesome. I also have a neighbor with a fairly built LX that might want to join.

I'm in!

I was planning on attending regardless however meeting up and caravanning would be awesome. I also have a neighbor with a fairly built LX that might want to join.

Awesome! Edmonds is pretty much on my way out to the rally. I guess I need to snag an early bird ticket in the next couple of weeks.

Hey guys,

I'm in the area and I'd love to get out on a trail. Though I don't FB much, I just joined the Seattle Cruiserheads group. It seems more like an 80 series and older type of thing but I might go anyway just to say hi. I doubt I'll make NWOR but depending on work I would like to go.

I know it's out of season but, who's down for a local day trip? I just got my hard points and kinetic recovery rope so it's time for a test xD

Cheers!

1842-

Since there's a few of us here now, here's a vote for a quick meet-up sometime soon. I've entered all the relevant the parameters into my super-computer and given our locations and needs, Dicks on Lake city would be a fine place between us to meet up sometime and check out eachothers 100s, talk about the Rally and whatnot. Seems like a fine place to hang out for a bit *with* our vehicles (not inside a bar etc) while grabbing a quick snack etc without it being terribly awkward looking.
I realize this would be "slumming" for you Lexus guys, but maybe you'd enjoy the novelty. :grinpimp:
Just thinkin' out loud. It'd be cool to get something easy/quick like that together soon.

Sounds like we've got a conversation to take offline. If anyone else sees this and lives in the Seattle area don't hesitate to PM me.

Seattle meetup. Rally is too far off for me to plan, but as it get closer might check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom