For Sale NW Ark: 1967 FJ40 built for trail and street (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My FJ40 is for sale. It just sits in the garage and never gets driven unless the weather is perfect. It needs to be with someone who will use it.

I rebuilt this thing to keep forever, not to sell, and I'm selling at a loss and have the receipts to prove it. And almost none of the receipts include labor since I did 95% of the work myself.

This is not a perfect, show type vehicle. There are some flaws in the paint. It looks great from 3 feet+ and runs great. There are a few small things that I'll be working on over the next few weeks. Example: I need to install the wipers--I haven't had a need for wipers, so I never installed them after painting. Same with the heater.

$24,000 or best offer. Might be interested in trades for cars partial or full--it doesn't hurt to ask.

Specifications:

Engine: Chevy 350 with electronic fuel injection (throttle body injection). Low RPM RV camshaft. Less than 7,000 miles since rebuild (no receipts for this). New water pump, alternator, radiator, electric fan, fuel pump, cap, rotor, plug wires; rebuilt TBI unit and injectors. Receipts for most of these parts.

Transmission: GM NV4500 5 Speed (this is the best and strongest 5 speed available. from a '96 Chevy 1 ton I believe. 5.61:1 first gear ratio)

Transfer Case: 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 split transfer case with Advance Adapters bellhousing and transfer case adapter. Rebuilt and installed in 2013. Stronger design than the FJ40 transfer case, but I swapped it in place because its also a much quieter transfer case at highway speed.

Front Axle: 4.11:1, disc brakes, Longfield 30 spline superset axles, cut and turned, electric differential locker from FZJ80 (converted to cable operation), new Tom Woods Driveshaft.

Rear Axle: 4.11:1, ARB air locker actuated by CO2 tank, rear disc brakes with parking brake calipers, Ruff Stuff anti-wrap bar, new Tom Woods Driveshaft

Suspension: low height spring over conversion using Profitts low height shackle reversal. All new Bilstein 5100 series shocks.

Steering: All Pro Offroad Hy-Steer setup, All new Saginaw power steering (new steering box, pump and hoses in 2013).

Fuel System: braided stainless fuel lines with AN fittings, new $900 rear mounted fuel tank.

Body: new body mounts, new wheel wells, new rear sill, Bud Built 3/16" thick rear quarter panels, Metal Tech tube fenders, Metal Tech tube doors.

Interior: Mastercraft suspension seats with seat heaters, fold and tumble rear seat, Mojave heater, marine GPS speedometer, marine Tachometer, digital gauges, wideband air/fuel gauge. Tuffy console box and 2 Tuffy security wheel well boxes. Durabak bed liner in floor.

Wiring: Painless Performance fuel injection engine harness, EZ Wiring harness for the body. These wires are labeled. Not a single old wire left in this vehicle.

Paint: TSC TS-66 Supreme Urethane Gulf #427 (Marine Military Spec) with a Satin finish over epoxy primer. This is military type paint. The color (in case the picture shows up white, is kind of a desert tan/khaki). Paint job is not perfect (some defects). Extra paint included.

Wheels/Tires: Eagle Alloys Series 102 Polished Wheels, Pro Comp X-Terrain 35x12.50R15, 5th wheel/spare tire included

Armor/Bumpers: Redline family roll cage (powder coated), Iron Pig Off Road skid plate, homemade rear bumper/tire carrier, AtoZ Fabrication front bumper, homemade rock sliders, Ruff Stuff rear diff cover, Warn XD9000 Winch (I may want to keep this winch for another vehicle), Hi-Lift Jack.

A top and full doors are included, but have not been restored at all and don't match.

IMG_0144.jpg

Last edited:
Stack of receipts
The history is well documented with receipts and build pictures.

image-2154834031.jpg

wow, I really like that Camaro. I used to have a 69 SS396 Chevelle and always wanted a Camaro. I'm going to PM you.

Thanks Brad. Good luck with your camaro sale! I really like it.

I have a 76 with almost identical set up that will be going in for paint soon. I would do a swap.

I have a 76 with almost identical set up that will be going in for paint soon. I would do a swap.
Great truck for sure... think it sold on ebay!

Thanks!

Its gone. I'm sure I'll miss it in a couple years--it wouldn't be the first time I'd wanted a vehicle back. I gave the new owner an inch thick stack of receipts, an inch thick 3 ring binder of manuals, diagrams, etc and a USB flash drive with pdf's and pictures on it. I also slipped in a little word document that asked the future owners to contact me every time its up for sale. Hopefully all that stuff will travel from owner to owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom