For Sale NV: 73 FJ40 Engine/ Axle/Brake Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1. I picked up an 78 2F to rebuild and toss into my 73. It was supposed to be a good motor with good compression but the PO had already pulled it and didn't have any numbers to go with. Took a chance on it and picked it up. As I tore it down I found a shot #6 piston, worn cam, worn crank and a little sliver of the head cracked off. Learned a $250 buck lesson the hard way.

It has the potential to be a good rebuild candidate if someone wants to put the time into it. I know the block needs to be bored, new pistons, new cam, and crank turned. Other than needing bored over the block is in good shape, the connecting rods (std bearings) are good and I think the head will be OK as well. Didn't pull it apart since the bottom wasn't any good. I am now just looking to get it out of the garage and off my stand prior to me moving. If anyone wants it, you can have it and everything that goes with it in Vegas. If not it will be in the scrap metal bin by 7 August.​

My build thread has pictures of the sliver cracked off on the head if anyone is interested. Page 3, halfway down.​

2. I pulled all the drum brakes off and converted to disc all the way around. I have 4 drums, backing plates, all cylinders and pads as well as all hardware. All worked and stopped straight when pulled. Everything for $50 OBO.

3. Warn hubs and stub shafts for the drum brakes. Large spline. $40 OBO.

4. Front axle 3rd member, gears are rusty but everything else is decent. $25 OBO.

5. 4 Spd bellhousing. $20 OBO.

6. Rear seats for 73. They are the long sets with the angle at the front. Blasted and ready for paint and recover. $125 OBO for the pair.

7. Front bumper, some dents and dings but still good shape. $25 OBO.

Last edited:
If nobody takes the entire assembly, would you sell and ship just the exhaust manifold (assuming it has one)?

I will take the bellhousing at that price, cash or trade. Your call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom