Number of 80-Series sold in the US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1991.......8,446........FJ80
1992.......7,865........FJ80
Total FJ80......... 16,311

1993.........8,886.......FZJ80
1994.......11,007.......FZJ80
1995.......14,208.......FZJ80
1996.......12,816.......FZJ80
1997.......11,502.......FZJ80
Total FZJ80........ 47,419

80-Series US Sales 91-97...............63,730
FJ Cruiser (Mar '06 thru Feb '07)......76,213

I do not have the LX450 numbers but this information came from TMS USA so it is possible the LX numbers are included.

-B-

Last edited:
Thanks -B-

A lot of FJC...

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for that interesting info. Those dang FJ's are like rabbits! :eek:

If we can trust the premise that "7% were equipped with lockers" then the total available locked 80s was ~3,300. I would guess we've lost 10% or more due to attrition.

-B-

Last edited:
I think the drop-off from 1995 to 1996 was interesting. I remember when I bought my '94, no dealers had them locally. I had to buy it sight unseen.

If we can trust the premise that "7% were equipped with lockers" then the total available locked 80s was ~3,300. I would guess we've lost 10% or more due to attrition, deportation, etc.

-B-

That potential figure is an eye opener. At least the total numbers, non locked included, indicate a decent quantity of 80 available and in service as a whole. That does spread the locker equiped models thin around the country, though there is sure to be denser volumes in large metropolitan areas.

Nice info. I may be asking for too much here but was also wondering, out of the 97' numbers, the total for not only the number of 40th but Collectors Edition's produced as well. And what the hell why I'm asking it might even be interesting to know the last VIN # produced in not only the US but total number world wide as well.:D
I thought I heard somewhere the Collectors Edition was thrown in at the end of production and though it would be interesting to know exactly where at the end.

I don't know about y'all, but the more people buy the FJC's-the happier I get. In a couple years I'll have alot more selection to pick mine from.

Yep. I've already seen used ones on the market locally. They don't sit on the lots long, though ;p.

I don't know what the big deal is wit the FJC. I don't like the big B pillar, IFS, rack and pinion steering, etc. When they first came out I read a write-up about the truck in Car and Driver and was instantly disappointed. When the local dealer got we went to look at them and I was really not impressed. Just like the TRD Tacoma Limited I sold when I bought my FZJ 80, I thought they were junk. Yes, I had a loaded TRD Tacoma Limited that, when compared to the other Japanese made Toyota's I had owned, was a pile of crap. So, any FZJ 80 owners that are champing at the bit to get into a FJC, great, that means a better selection of FZJ 80's for me to choose from. And I won't be getting into a 100 serise until there is an SAS for it.

the FJC's are going fast. trying to get my mom into one as well, we'll have a cruiser familia, haha. '95, '97, and '07. interesting that '95's were the most produced, i would have thought the 97's, given that's the last 80 model year. damn i wish we had received more locked LC's in the states....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom