Nudder Newbie On Deck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
First, I want to welcome Steve Lindsley (aka Lurch) who some of the old timers might remember. Some of you might have seen his very first post ... which I deleted :eek:, and might have wondered why. Well the reasons were:
I didn't know who he was,
saw he had a zero post count,
was from WV,
saw the link was a commercial site,
and saw the post had nothing to do with HDC or Toyotas.​

Sorry Steve. My bad. Anyway, newbie on deck! In his PM to me it sounds like he might be returning to ABQ and giving us his hard earned pesos. I've asked him to do an intro post to the group. But, in the mean time .... Welcome :flipoff2:

Jon (aka, da' sheriff)
w/ Baja Fever

And you call yourself "da'sheriff"???

He's only been around since he was a student in Texas (at UT?), before he moved here the first time. His wife is going to... Dental School back there I think(?) We first met on a Cedro Peak run about 5 years ago.

You'd be good in Homeland Security (sic).

P.S. His 40 runs...

And you call yourself "da'sheriff"???

Maybe a trigger-happy sheriff.

Seriously, it's sometimes a tough call to tell whether a post is legit. I had that come up often when I moderated the Yahoo list. Now the time the guy posted pictures of his man-parts on his Yahoo profile was an easier call...

Thanks

Howdy everyone! Thanks for the welcome Sheriff! :pig: It's understandable, I might do the same thing.
Well West Virginia is a bit different, almost Land Cruiser-less. I saw my first FJ40 on the road today and I have seen only a few FJ60s and FJ80s. I see more FJ Cruisers than anything! I have heard only rumors of an orange FJ40 that lives near by.

Steve H. is right… Holly Mae is attending WVU School of Dentistry and we will be returning in 3.5 years. I moved to ABQ in Jan. 01 and went to UNM after a couple of years at a TX community college.

P.S. my 40 did run:crybaby:
Shortly after moving here I put a performance HEI coil in and instantly had better power. So the next day I wanted to drive my better performing rig to work. Something didn’t sound right about 7 miles down the road. Squeeeeeeeal up the hill…next hill…Sueeeeeeal. By the time I got to work that turned into a tat-tat-tat sound. So last week I decided to stuff the 40 into the garage and take a look. I found that the bearings (main and rod) are shot, the valves and valve seals are toast, timing chain stretched, rings leaking, and 1 ruptured piston! :mad: About 9 months ago my engine-driven fuel pump was dumping gas into the block. I fixed the pump with an electric, changed the oil, and thought all was well. Now its nothing but “washed” rings and bearings.

OH! And I promise not to post my man-parts! :eek:

Last edited:
glad to see another mudder from west virginia:beer: by the way pappy you deleted his for one of the reasons being from wv:confused: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom