Now the fun begins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went with the GY Duratracs 285/75/16. Great tires on hwy in rain/snow. Haven't really done offroad yet. nice and quiet on the road for as aggressive as they appear. Had a guy all impressed with my tires at the gas station today.

I know I drove through 3 ft of snow with NO problem. I was impressed.

I got my best price at Discount Tire after much searching and shopping around.

I have bad luck with Goodyear. Every set I ever had was chewed up by the rocks. Ill loom at them but will probably go with bfg km2s.

Have a question the search didn't answer.
I have a hum that sounds like its from the rear when the vehicle is under way. She I remove my foot from the gas it stops and when it press it again it comes back? It does it at all speeds. Also when I come to a complete stop there's a thump. When I go same thump. U joints? Yesterday I had it up on a rack here on base and the diff levels as well as the xfer case levels were a tad low...

Just installed the cdl button! Now I'm e locked x 3. The ome 2.5 is on the way and will be getting new tires this weekend. Can't wait!

IMG_20150601_081948_836.jpg

Have a question the search didn't answer.
I have a hum that sounds like its from the rear when the vehicle is under way. She I remove my foot from the gas it stops and when it press it again it comes back? It does it at all speeds. Also when I come to a complete stop there's a thump. When I go same thump. U joints? Yesterday I had it up on a rack here on base and the diff levels as well as the xfer case levels were a tad low...

U-joints. I had the same thing with all the symptoms you described. I went ahead and replaced all of the u-joints in both driveshafts and fixed.

And your "radio dial mod" just made me laugh out loud at work...nice.

like that do ya? im also replacing the other 3 knobs with either 22lr shells or 380 acp if they fit. if not then ill use the 22s. i filled the shotgun shell base with apoxy and SLOWLY drilled a hole. after all it is a live primer. i didnt put any oil on the primer to make it inert, i should have but i got tired of turning the little shaft.

Question:
I just put on some 33" km2s an went directly to the sand to play a little. Well I had the diffs locked to exercise them and noticed the temp on my scan gauge at 211. The stock gauge was a hair above half. Is 211 a typical temp for sand running in a 100 degree day? That was all under 8mph but when I got to the hard dirt it went down to around 195ish. Also high gear is not good for climbing sand dunes... lol a little gutless...

Ups dropped off a new OEM 2.5 lift last night. I keep reading about j springs, what is a j spring? Lol.
2850 fronts and 2860 rears. I'm going to install springs and shocks then go for an alignment. The bushings seem like a giant pain and the instructions aren't clear for someone who hasn't lifted an 80 before. Getting the bushings at the right angles puzzles me. How do I know where to get the 90* off of on the fwd bushing?

IMG_20150610_170349_505.jpg

Ups dropped off a new OEM 2.5 lift last night. I keep reading about j springs, what is a j spring? Lol.
2850 fronts and 2860 rears. I'm going to install springs and shocks then go for an alignment. The bushings seem like a giant pain and the instructions aren't clear for someone who hasn't lifted an 80 before. Getting the bushings at the right angles puzzles me. How do I know where to get the 90* off of on the fwd bushing?
J springs are OME heavies that are about an inch taller. I believe @landtank still sell a simple idiot proof template for installing the bushings.

thanks, retrofive. ill double check the part numbers when i get home but i dont think i jave j springs. it will probably be safe to say ill need spacers to level it out but i wont do that untill i get my bumpers.

now i read somewhere the springs are for left and right. which is left which is right? and does it matter that its a left hand drive and the springs are from au where everythign is r/h?

around dateland. lol theres not really anything but farmers. dark out there wasnt it... lol

around dateland. lol theres not really anything but farmers. dark out there wasnt it... lol

Dark, raining, and I was driving my boss from San Diego to Phoenix.

She is a former CST Sergeant though (Marines call them Lionesses) and she is fluent in Spanish, so we managed to get back ok and she didn't hold it against me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom