Now thats what I call Art! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A nice sculpture for my office.

5387464971_92c9be5394.jpg

5387466313_8433221a55.jpg

5388072534_689567e96a.jpg

5388070606_4896ea3c0c.jpg

5388071514_bb1c4ee8a3.jpg

5388068940_a9db8408ec.jpg

Did your wire it up--- so the lights work?

You could have all sorts of conversations... I think we need to change direction of this project (turn signals on)

Can't tell if that is the light at the end of the tunnel, or a landcruiser headed our way....

sweet... should be freeborn red though!

Cool!!!!

Working on an inverter that we can wire the headlights, turn signals and side markers to. Not full brightness but just a little bit. One of my guys suggested adding wireless speakers behind the grill as well.

Mike

So were all the parts off a 74 since this is the only year setup like this? Surprised you haven't gotten $hit about wasting good parts like on the that trailer behind the FJ45.

I kicked around the idea of doing this but with the front of the frame and bumper too. Than add some pieces of drywall to make it look like it just drove thru the wall.

X2 on the transformer. Just go look for an old transformer from electronics that has an output of 12v. Maybe a cordless phone or answering machine transformer.

Regarding "Living in the Past".... I see your point, but that trailer was ugly and useless. Really -- it looked like 2 or 3 feet long. That was easy to heckle and mock. To me, this is ART.... (plus if I ever do it, I don't want the nay-sayers to show up)

Hood came from a '81 FJ45 the rest from a '74 FJ40. Both have alot of body work done on them.

Transformer. Any cheapo battery charger should work. Use old volume control knobs to adjust the brightness.

Transformer... Sweet, sounds easy.

Thanks, Mike

That is cool! I had enough parts laying around to do that. Wish I would not have tossed the beat up fenders I had sitting!:frown:

I love it - now I want one. I am planning on making a couple extra LPB tailgates and putting them up on the wall. One that says "Awl_TEQ" instead of Toyota

with the front emblem and the smaller directionals as posted ...i would have said 74 also...only year like that (here in usa anyhow that is)

if it were the large square directionals and the front emblem .... i would be inclined to say 75-78

at least this is technically technical to stay here now :)

Sure, and was used until 12/78, correct?

:beer:

That looks to be correct. But I really only know when they changed from pot metal to plastic. I think the later Toyota still looked the same the way it attached that changed. SOR shows three different side emblems once they changed to plastic but really couldn't tell you the difference. It does look like the difference in the back emblems in post 78 was no rubber backing pad. Not sure when Toyota changed the 4X4 emblem to plastic but I'll you could use it up until 79 with no mods. Now if I could just find the 4X4 emblem for my pickup. When I bought my pickup SOR still had it listed as available. I called them as soon as I bought only to find it unvailable:frown: Back in the 96 catalog it was $10 brand new OEM:crybaby: I just pickep up a couple of their cheap stickers. Still hoping to find a OEM one someday.

:cheers:

at least this is technically technical to stay here now :)

Well Johnny if you really want to get technical that is a 78 and later hood. The extra lip in the center opening is pretty easy to see if you look in the unpainted picture. Not sure if it the whole 78 model year that had it or a mid year change.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom