Now thats what I call Art! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What a sweet piece! Now I know what I'm doing with the pieces of the part out '74 that don't sell.

The bib/bezel/grill/lights are in really rough shape and are already hanging on the garage wall. The fenders aren't so hot either. The aprons might just get sacrificed to art. And I think I know where to get a very rusty hood. My version will have a certain "patina" to it.

Can you share details on how its all connected and how it hangs?

What a sweet piece! Now I know what I'm doing with the pieces of the part out '74 that don't sell.

The bib/bezel/grill/lights are in really rough shape and are already hanging on the garage wall. The fenders aren't so hot either. The aprons might just get sacrificed to art. And I think I know where to get a very rusty hood. My version will have a certain "patina" to it.

Can you share details on how its all connected and how it hangs?

I wanna know too. How is it attached to the wall? thin strand metal wire across two screws attached to the studs?

Very nice!! There used to be a show on TLC - I think - called Monster House. Anyway, they took the front third of a 40 - frame, tires and all - and had it coming out of the wall. It had a remote control that lowered the windshield and raised a huge flatscreen tv in its place. It was pretty sweet....

Anyway, nice work!

This is how it is mounted:

5390508174_ac7b508a61.jpg

End...

5390507060_39ff79e0a6.jpg

Center...

5389899717_8cd9f9efca.jpg

Thanks! Mike

pic of trailer

Here is a pic of the trailer, if anyone wants to weigh in on this...
Trailer.jpg

Transformer. Any cheapo battery charger should work. Use old volume control knobs to adjust the brightness.

Transformer and rectifier, actually. A transformer will still provide AC.

10/69-12/74 aprons would look like that...

10/71-12/74 hood would look like that...

:meh:

that's what I was thinking, too :meh:

In addition to flipping the bezel, we also angled the nose down about an inch from the un-painted version. I figured that as it was mounted rather high on the wall, this might show more of the hood and fenders.

Thanks, mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom