Now that the initial excitement has died down... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lets get the CSC ball rolling! Where do we start? Do we make it official and set up a membership base? Elect officers? I think the club should deffinately be official and we should deffinately set up a club "constitution" and bylaws to get the whole thing running. Then maybe we kick the whole thing off with an "official" club event. Not neccessarily a weekend long thing but maybe something as simple as a car show or a meet and greet event.

Let's get some ideas out there and get some decisions made! I have some great ideas for club stuff but I really don't want to throw them out on the net for the world to see. I'm talking about stuff that could really set us apart from all other LC clubs.

Regarding the website:
How's that coming along. Can we get a generic members only forum going over there?

i agree i think we need to get stuff going.
as for a show we could meet up at a public car show thats already set up to make ourselfs known to the public?
theres a fcar show in prescott on augest 6-7 i think and it would be a perfect oppertunity for that.

mike

The Watson lake show is a great idea! I haven't missed that show in years. My mom lives in Chino so it's always nice to have an excuse to visit.

FYI: the board you are using now can be passworded AND set for only specific member access....also, can setup sub-boards as well.

If you are looking for free php/sql based forum software, http://www.simplemachines.org is good...I've set it up on a couple sites with no problems.

I would not waste effort on cgi/pl based stuff...major PITA.

Woody,
This is great to know!
We could set this up here just for some simple "board" talk.
Thanks

PM amongst yerselves, get me a list of membernames, and I'll set it up.

Basically, the board will be a "group" on the forum...."subgroup" actually, kinda like a secret society, tho not secret....

damn, now I'm confused....

I really like the idea of getting things moving also. With my work schedule my time is not really limited, but my free time is normally in the middle of the night.

As for the car show or a meet and greet, I will make every attemp to make it, but again, I am a slave to my work schedule.

I was thinking of stealing (steeling?) an idea from the Carolina guys.
In addition to Happy Hours from time to time, we could have "Cruise-Ins" at Sonic, or one of
the drive-ins in the area. Imagine seeing a bunch of Cruisers at a Sonic as you drive by. :D

As for the website, my skillz are not so great. The free hosting we have should last long
enough for us to come up with a more permanent solution. And if not, I have backup free
hosting as well. I own the domain (copperstatecruisers.org) for a year. After that, we can
decide if I should continue to own it or some group should be set up to be stewards.

As far as content/layout is concerned, if someone (actually, more than one) wants to come
up with a layout, feel free. If we get multiple submissions, we will have to agree on one,
than zip it up, send it to me and I'll upload it and troubleshoot it to look like it is meant to.
The server is on a DS-3 (that's alot of bandwidth), s a quad Pentium3/500MHz box with
2.0GB of RAM. It's located in a telephone/cable company's data center in South Boston, MA.
They have UPS and a backup generator (locomotive diesel engine... Mmmm).
It's running FreeBSD v4.9. Apache v1.3.27, OpenSSL v0.9.7a, PHP v4.3.4 & DAV v1.0.3.
Also, My SQL, but I don't know which version.

did some checking last night...the forum software also allows for custom templates, assigned to specific forum sections....

POSSIBLE to personalize your own template, and I can give someone admin access to my test location to play with it.

However, it took me about 40 hours to get this looking halfway normal, and it ain't done yet....

I know enough about the internet to do research and post my bile on forums, so coming up with code or crap like that is way beyond me.

Cruise-ins are way cool for me. Being in the VW scene for so many years has given me plenty of experience with shows and clubs and what not. There is a VW cruise on the first Friday night of every month at the Sonic in Tempe on Rural and Broadway so I know that they're receptive to having groups like us there.

We could also organize an annual Swapmeet and car show. Maybe this would be best at a local dealership. They could potentially benefit from supporting us (Added Sales).

I also have a great idea for an annual wheeling/camping event which would include a raffle and some other good stuff. Ideas that will set us apart from any other event in the nation and draw crowds from all over the country.

I'll check in with the Sonic in Tempe. Would you guys be interested getting a monthly Cruise night going in Tempe. I realize it's not exactly central to everyone in town, but like I said, I know they're receptive. We could get some flyers made up and put them on every Cruiser window we see.

Last edited:
John,
I'm gonna shoot you a generic flyer that I was thinking about. Could you post it and maybe we can discuss any changes here on the board.

Woody, definetely into that. We should all pitch in a few $ and send to Woody for hosting. It would be the best resources for us and a good place to bounce between all related cruiser stuff...

3fj40 said:
Woody, definetely into that. We should all pitch in a few $ and send to Woody for hosting. It would be the best resources for us and a good place to bounce between all related cruiser stuff...

keep the banner advertisors happy by purchasing their stuff and keeping the forum traffic up, and send me a t-shirt when you get the logo stuff figgered out, and we are all good ;)

More forum tweaks coming in the next couple weeks, watch the Comments corner for details!

As per legal protection, it really should be incorporated, and even as a not-for-profit as I can't imagine any of us acting as officers will 1) want in any way to be liable for anything, and 2) want to make any $ off of this.

I am VERY into a yearly event. I would LOVE to make a TLCA yearly event here in AZ, doing something different than Moab/Rubicon/SD/Gamble, etc. Even a run-for-the-border trip to Baja or Puerto Penasco for some beach in the Winter. WHATEVER, just something yearly whereby we can invite others and get some our AZ into TT :)

I also agree on the incorporated thing. And the NFP thing. These are all things that we need to get nailed down. Maybe a couple more informal meetings prior to actually declaring our selves a "CLUB", can help us to do that. We're deffinately gonna need some fundraiser type activities to get ourselves off the ground. The TLCA thing, I think, is a common goal for a bunch of us. But I don't see that coming around for a few years. We need to get established and have a couple of good events before we should even consider charter membership and requesting any events.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom