Now in the 80 series owners club! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Up until now I have always been a 40 owner. But a new baby and the fact that I was driving the 40 as my DD made me consider trading up. After about 2 months of searching I found a mud member who wanted to go the other direction. So last week end we made the switch, My 40 for his 80 straight across.

So what I ended up with was a 92 FJ80. No lockers, but it did come with 5"OME comp coils w/ L-shocks and control arm drop brackes. Rear OME 4" lift coils and new shocks. Came with 30" BFG AT's. First mod was to swap out for some 33" MT's

Having never driven an 80 before, I must admit, I am very impressed with off road-ability. I crawled up and over stuff I never would have tried in the 40. WOW I have had permagrin ever since i got it home. I am excited to start into working out little bugs and making her my own. Next mod will be spare tire relocation.
DSCN1524.jpg
DSCN1529.jpg
Photo_021509_002.jpg

Today I came upon this Jeep Wrangler Rubicon high centered. Cost for helping him out - 2 photos posted on Ih8mud.com.:flipoff2:

I've only had her for 2 days and already put her to good use.
Photo_021609_001.jpg
Photo_021609_002.jpg

Welcome to the fold. Great looking truck and nice head start on the mods bug.

Very nice...and already got your first kill...

- Mark

Sweet. You need to make a template shaped like a Jeep that you spray paint on your fender. Jeep kills :D

sweet 80, much better to DD than a 40

looks like a great trade! Congrats.

You staged that Jeep photo, didn't you? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom