now hot wheels FJ40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was a thread several years back when someone suggested that HDC should be referred to as "middle-aged guys who email more than they wheel". I guess now it should be "middle-aged guys that mod matchbox cars more than they wheel". Jus sayin'...

that's ok Greg, I have about $20-30 into these mods that's all inclusive. costs me that to go wheeling once. :lol: I've been called worse, so I'll take it.

that said, here's what I finished up today... wheels and suspension from another 4x4 toy in WM. cut the rear drive shaft a little short, but it's too late now. still some glue strings there. also put a spare tire on a matchbox.
PICT0014.jpg
PICT0017.jpg
PICT0022.jpg

front and rear view.
PICT0018.jpg
PICT0019.jpg

You appear to be missing a transfer case!

You appear to be missing a transfer case!

I had noticed that too. one of the shortfalls of a cheap build I guess... fortunately the way I will be using it (sitting on a shelf) it shouldn't be a problem.
hehe.gif

I don't go to Wally World much, but when I do I spend a little time going through the stacks of toys. I never seem to find anything Toyota related. I think my Walmart is jinxed.

I'm hearing the 4runner is showing up in the individual packs now, so you don't need to get the 10 pack. I'll try to keep my eyes open for that one.

I don't go to Wally World much, but when I do I spend a little time going through the stacks of toys. I never seem to find anything Toyota related. I think my Walmart is jinxed.

I'm hearing the 4runner is showing up in the individual packs now, so you don't need to get the 10 pack. I'll try to keep my eyes open for that one.

I have one for you John. :cheers:

My son just bought a Hot Wheels Hilux at the local Smith's.

My son just bought a Hot Wheels Hilux at the local Smith's.

pics? or is it not possible to get it away from him long enough to snap some pics.:D that would be my kids.

pics? or is it not possible to get it away from him long enough to snap some pics.:D that would be my kids.

I don't have "vistation" with the kids unitl next Weds. I'll try to remind Ryan to bring the truck along, but with 4th graders they're attention span and memory are limited. If he brings it over I'll snap a pic.

I hear ya!:D

oh, and I found a yellow HW FJ40 today in WM on Rio Bravo

What other series LCs are out there? I've (my daughter) got a blue 40. I would like to get her any others I could find.

That's just some of mine

image-4120125173.jpg

I mentioned in the May meeting thread there are new colors out for a while now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

and new colors of the BJ70 looking one. the black one is in a 5 pack.

attachment.php

I found the first one too. I was hesitant to buy because who the heck puts gold wheels on a 40? but figured it is only a buck. Found the BJ in white today.

white is the only color I don't have in the BJ70! good find!
in the hotwheels 40, I don't have the Heineken paint, in the 4runner I don't have the tan or the Park Ranger paint. and in the Matchbox 40, I never found red.

I forgot to break out the 4runners last night at the meeting. damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom