Novice Needs Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just letting everyone know I'm not dead. Haven't posted because I have been slammed with work and haven't had time to dig into this anymore. The okie rebuild remains the only way to drive the 60 without it stalling.

I assume this is still because of all the junk that was in my tank and got through my filter and in the carb. Lots of stuff for me to check, just not much (or any) time to do it right now.

The FAQ
The hardest parts are getting the valve cover off (hoses, air cleaner) and putting it back on without it leaking.

If valve lash is loose: It's noisy and valves will not open all the way robbing performance.

If valves are to tight: Compression is weak or non-existent, runs like crap and you can burn exhaust valves.

Last edited:
I have taken my carb down about 4 times within the past months (I had to pinpoint an Green gunk issue in carb) so rebuilding the carb is easy. I would look at Pinhead001 (7 part vid) Youtube for the basics...it helped me and the FSM. These guys helped me a lot as they are helping you. Also, I would recommend to get a Keyster Carb kit, very well made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom