November ROTM 2018 - Dripping Springs 12/01/2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

My sincerest apologies for the delay in posting this!

I'm trying to avoid anything near Turkey Day, and elevation for snowy conditions, but the stage is set for November 31st (Dec 1).

I've been wanting to do Dripping Springs, I missed it last year so we'll give it a go. For the moment (unless anyone can chime in) it'll be a day trip, but I am going to pre-run it Saturday Nov 10, leaving my house in Chandler about 7am if anyone cares to join me.With the anticipation that we can find a decent spot for a few rowdy folks to camp out.

My kids have 4 paws, so dog friendly run.

For the run itself...

Meeting Place: Chevron - 2075 Miller Road, Buckeye
Meeting Time: Anytime after 7:45am
Leaving Time: 8:30am
Destination: Dripping Springs near Quartzite Exit 26 near Gold Nugget Road

Ham: 146.600
CB: Throw in garbage buy a Ham then tune to 146.600

Well the pre-run today was successful because I got lost 6 times and now I know the way. It'll be a fun run! If you like your paint you should not come! haha there is a fresh coat of desert pin strip all over the truck. It is definitely not a trail to drag a trailer through but I wouldn't be opposed to setting up camp somewhere else before the run, I'm open to ideas.

It's stock friendly for those with experience, but for the inexperienced....don't be afraid to ask for help, or for someone to drive your rig. About 20 minutes after I said to myself "this trail sucks" I followed up by saying "omg I'm going to die" there is one obstacle that is far worse then the "alternate route difficult section" my experience got me through but it's the first time in awhile that my slider is scratched to bare metal.

But overall looking forward to the run with everyone, let's plan on having lunch at Dripping Springs, we'll take the alternate route out and it should land us in Quartzite around 2-3 pm, then 2 hours back to the valley.

Kirk

Last edited:
Your run, your call. Thanks for doing this

I've been wanting to do Dripping Springs,

Which Dripping Springs?

I did a quick search on "Dripping Springs AZ" and got 14 hits . . . They iz everywhere o_O
upload_2018-11-8_21-17-26.png

yup, like Willow Creek....

Think he means the Tonto run tho.. Payson bars still suck tho...

I'm curious how you got Tonto out of that description since I mention I live in Chandler and suggested we meet in Buckeye....lol

This is the run that eluded me a couple of years ago when I had a piston meltdown on I-10 between Buckeye and Quartzsite. I will put myself as tentative and, weather permitting, camping if anyone else is. Always wanted to check this area out. Thanks for organizing it!

Last edited:
Kirk mentioned Friday night that he cannot lead this run, he has a close family friend who needs his support that day. Would one of you who signed up for this run like to take the leadership role? I believe Kirk already has the pre-run info and gps track that he could share.

If you are interested in leading this run please pm Kirk @Chaos55 . If no one steps up we will need to cancel this run and try scheduling something extra in December or January.

Steve

Hey Everyone,

My sincerest apologies for the delay in posting this!

I'm trying to avoid anything near Turkey Day, and elevation for snowy conditions, but the stage is set for November 31st (Dec 1).

I've been wanting to do Dripping Springs, I missed it last year so we'll give it a go. For the moment (unless anyone can chime in) it'll be a day trip, but I am going to pre-run it Saturday Nov 10, leaving my house in Chandler about 7am if anyone cares to join me.With the anticipation that we can find a decent spot for a few rowdy folks to camp out.

My kids have 4 paws, so dog friendly run.

For the run itself...

Meeting Place: Chevron - 2075 Miller Road, Buckeye
Meeting Time: Anytime after 7:45am
Leaving Time: 8:30am
Destination: Dripping Springs near Quartzite Exit 26 near Gold Nugget Road

Ham: 146.600
CB: Throw in garbage buy a Ham then tune to 146.600

Well the pre-run today was successful because I got lost 6 times and now I know the way. It'll be a fun run! If you like your paint you should not come! haha there is a fresh coat of desert pin strip all over the truck. It is definitely not a trail to drag a trailer through but I wouldn't be opposed to setting up camp somewhere else before the run, I'm open to ideas.

It's stock friendly for those with experience, but for the inexperienced....don't be afraid to ask for help, or for someone to drive your rig. About 20 minutes after I said to myself "this trail sucks" I followed up by saying "omg I'm going to die" there is one obstacle that is far worse then the "alternate route difficult section" my experience got me through but it's the first time in awhile that my slider is scratched to bare metal.

But overall looking forward to the run with everyone, let's plan on having lunch at Dripping Springs, we'll take the alternate route out and it should land us in Quartzite around 2-3 pm, then 2 hours back to the valley.

Kirk

Count me in on the Quartzite Run. I have not done a run with the club in a while-looking forward to it. Plus my 4Runner is way too clean right now.

John Morgan

I have an opportunity to work some overtime this weekend, so I will go ahead and take it. I will be backing out of this run. Have fun if it happens.

Might be best if this run is cancelled and someone has their own run? Even a close day run like back side of Mt ord or ? Even come up with a diff date if needed

go for it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom