November ROTM 11/07-08 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
The November ROTM will be the weekend of Nov 07-08.

** UPDATE **

Nov ROTM will be in the Superstition Mnt area. Stocker friendly trail that will return back later in the day to set up camp in predesignated area Or give option to return back home as a day trip. Bring food/drinks as we will stop for lunch. No permits required.

Ham & Cb friendly. Meeting at 730-745am at the Gold Canyon Shell station. Pulling out at 800, please leave enough time to get there, mapquest if needed for directions / travel time. Address and link here:

Shell Gas Prices & Gas Station - 7138 E Us Highway 60, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118 at Automotive.com

They have gas & McDonalds for topping off

Last edited:
Probably out unless it's in the cool country, even with A/C just done with the heat. Last weekend don't think it got to 70 up north. Inside was never above 63 so no fire in the needed in the stove. Garage was 58 inside most the day.:bounce:

Last edited:
Thinly veiled but will get many likes!

That reminds me, I need to add another can of chile to my just in case bag.

The scratches from branches almost always buff out, except the ones people back in to. Learned that lesson the hard way

Wow this thread turned quickly. With all these shiny Toyotas on the trail it's a real possibility of dangerously distracting Jeep drivers. Let's be safe out there, people.

not too worried about Jeeps >> On the way in on 393 last weekend, we met a Jeep on 35's, bumpers, etc heading back out. They said they turned around becasue the road was washed out and the "passage was too sketchy".

Yes it was, but our shine and grit carried us through!

not too worried about Jeeps >> On the way in on 393 last weekend, we met a Jeep on 35's, bumpers, etc heading back out. They said they turned around becasue the road was washed out and the "passage was too sketchy".

Yes it was, but our shine and grit carried us through!

Yes but in all fairness if the jeep was running solo that may have influence his decision. I'm always more cautious when I'm out by the myself. Typically no one to spot me and most the time passengers I have along their safety is more important then my own.

I do the same, and I'm out alone about half the time. Not worth getting stuck somewhere through unexpected events and then turn it into a survival situation for you and passengers due to stubbornness. Better safe than sorry,

I once heard a phrase when driving solo "to drive as if noone is there to rescue you".

Back to the ROTM.

Trail rating, will this be stocker friendly? Lockers? Sliders?
Will we camp overnight, planned or possibly unplanned?
Do I need a special pass?
Does the CBT repair special apply for this run?

Enquiring minds want to know. There must be 37 reasons to make some necessary upgrades.

Thinking a not-stocker-friendly technical run to a new spot. want to prerun first

I'm in for camping again, but trail rating may be the deciding factor.

The "new" technical place merits more time to be able to prerun so that is out. Gonna keep it simple and closer to town.

**SEE UPDATED PLANS IN FIRST POST **

We- all 4 of us - plan to be there and camp more than likely.

If anyone wants to come up from the South, we can meet at the Florence road intersection

I will have to miss this due to work travel:bang:.

Unfortunately Tina and I cannot do the overnight.

@murf Question, do you think it would be possible for us to be back in town by 3:00 - 3:30? I am sure we could bug out at lunch time, but just curious what you think of the logistics of that?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom