November 2010- Western North Carolina (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
Last year in November 2009, a small group went to WNC to explore and check out what roads were open. We found a few closed but also found a good system that was open...no gates, no traps, no signs...nice campsite, etc.

The goal for the Nov 2010 Expedition by the basically the same exact group, was to verify if it was still open and then try and coordinate a UC-LC run later in year.

Unfortunately everything else that was open last year was tank trapped, gated, and posted this year except for one single road.....likely because someone lived on one end of it. Nonetheless...the group enjoyed a fine time the one night around a campfire. The next day some went to other areas in western part of state to check out some different trails...while I headed to Sunrift to pick up a Bell Northwind canoe I purchased the month earlier. Here are some of the pics the first 24 hours.... Nothing fancy but it was very nice to be out and there was still a hint of color.

...a good time was had by all in spite of it all. I will miss that place....

394183771.jpg

394183801.jpg

Last edited:
...and the drive to Travelers Rest on Saturday afternoon.

394183929.jpg

I also want to mention for the record....No laws were broken, no gates were opened or circumvented, no tank traps ignored, no locks manipulate....everything was TOTALLY LEGAL and above board. I resent the integrity of this group being tarnished by the comments of someone without any real knowledge...the group deserves an apology for the threats and slander in my opinion. What is done is done though....

Last edited:
Cool pics.... I saw a bunch of these on portal also.... one day i'll have to make it out there.

Forest service roads are open to the public unless they are blocked or locked. Some people don't understand that but pick up a free forest service map online or talk to local ranger and they will tell you. If driving or riding on forest service land was illegal I would be arrested many times for what I have done in the Francis Marion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom