For Sale Nova Scotia Canada 1974 inner door card retainers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apparently very rare? I removed these from my 74 which was a Canadian bought truck. I guess they were to make the truck warmer because the door had a card to isolate you from the metal.
Missing one of the long pieces, the smaller pieces are for around the door handle.
Maybe someone can add to the description?
$50 US plus shipping.

Cheers

954A91E6-6B38-4F4E-A907-29DC5FBE56FC.jpeg

Only seen a few(one set in person) and just on 74's, most were colors that the US didn't normally get, like orange. I always guessed (or a theory was) that these were meant for other markets originally but the demand for 40's in the US/NA was higher than expected in 74, so they were re-specced for the US/NA market part way thru production.

I think 74 was also the reintroduction of the 40 in canada, I seem to remember it was the 1st year of canadian spec literature, but I could easily be wrong about both

I have pictures(one 74 I found parked across from my house) someplace, they also do show up in the parts manuals. my pics are on lockdown at.....Photobucket(if that tells you how old they are) But may still come up if my old post(15 years or more ago) is still around

Thanks Pimp! I posted about them a few years ago and I think you added info then also, so cheers:beer:

Make offer

Mhhh looking again at your retainers I think you may have a lot of them 🤔

MB4931E.png

You should only need 1 long (67763 or 67764) and 1 small (67761) pieces by door.

To complete, pictures where you see the mouldings in place with and without door card:
DSCF0080.JPG

imm019_19.jpg

And last one the back of the card itself... If I can't find the right one I may end up reproducing it myself with the one I have as patron. It's plain 2D cardboard with vinyl over. I could try to scan a kind of map of its shape if other want to reproduce it
IMG_20200424_1205507.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom