For Sale Nova Scotia/1984 BJ42 Land Cruiser/Mint condition/Diesel/For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

I am selling my friend's truck he is sick and needs the money for medical expenses. We have gotten an appraisal from an insurance company from 35-50k because of the rarity. I am trying to figure out at what pricing I should sell it at and I would like some honest opinions from people who buy and sell these trucks all the time. Its in mint condition BJ42 Toyota Land Cruiser. All original parts and no modifications also come with an assortment of parts. Original red and white colors, 4 cyl diesel with 400,000km, power steering, standard transmission and original interior. This Land Cruiser has been well maintain, no rust, no winter driving and stays in storage for most of the year. If you require further information please feel free to reach out. Thank you and have a great day.

DSCF0318.JPG

DSCF0300.JPG

DSCF0319.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0320.JPG

Last edited:
I’d throw in more pictures and details. Tough crowd over here.

we got it appraised at 35 -50k by the insurance company because of the rarity. I would be thinking probably like 40-45k range. I want to make sure tat he doesn't get ripped off. However I am open to some negotiations.

Just over 400,000 km and original paint and original upholstery from my knowledge. He has some paper work at his location with some more details on it.

Damn if it has over 400 000 km on original paint and upholstery that is awesome, at over 10 000 km's every year for about 35 years it certainly looks like it has been well looked after.

To show a BJ 42 in that condition with that many miles you really need to post a lot more pictures as people are going to be skeptical of the condition v miles.

Its pretty much only get driven on the highway in summer occasionally and then goes back into storage for 8-9 months of the year. Its is the original color Freeborn Red and White.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0305.JPG

DSCF0307.JPG

These things are hard to value. It’s a desirable year. First concern is the back half of the frame? Condition? Lots of them have repairs done, most of them are done poorly. This limits the value in my opinion. If the frame is clean and original and the truck is clean and original your friend has something special. Price depends on how long he wants it to be for sale. I’m not sales expert so I’ll let the more knowledgeable forum members chime in.

From the photos it looks like a really good survivor. Your friend did a REALLY good job of keeping the rust away, which is really hard to do in Canada. I think your price of $40-45,000 is a good starting point, you could probably only count 5 or less trucks with no restoration in that kind of shape for a 83-84 BJ42 in all of North America, and probably less then 50 in the world, so the rarity is huge in this case. It all depends on how bad someone wants it to what you will get though, but if I was you I wouldn't take any thing less then $25,000, as it is for sure worth that, unless there are some hidden problems we can't see just from the photos.
Good luck with the sale and hope your friend gets better!

FYI not "Mint" condition. Nice looking but definitely not "Mint"

Something like this is what I would think of when referring to "Mint" condition:

8966f13211df804eaf4d696e64504505.jpg

Should truly look like it just got off the boat from Toyota and arrived in the dealer show room. Not a spec of dust, rust, dirt, oil. Original paint, interior etc.

wow that's a beauty, the year and model make it very desireable but I think most mudders here will agree paint cannot look like that after 400,000km. its an impossibility same goes for the upholstery. just getting in and out of the front seat to drive 400,00 km that drivers seat has probably been replaced or reupholstered twice..
its an amazing truck, more thank likely with a fresh exterior paint job, with any luck its a repainted survivor which is a sweet rig.

GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom