Nov. Club run petroglyphs! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Al and Clint,
Your welcome to come on any run any time. I mean we even let Jeeps come with us some times;). Hope you can make it. We do usually leave right at the leave time.
Mark

Thats great thanks. We expect to be there and on time.

Well, I didn't make it to the Jerky Co. after all. After the glyphs, Rob wanted to show me a horse camp by the cottonwoods - just after the cattle trough leaked into the road and before the Barrel Springs cutoff. You remember, the smoothest part of the trip. We got Dan's message that the group was headed in for lunch but I don't think you heard my reply. We were running about 20 minutes behind. After checking out the camp we started to VC and WAMMO! I hear the fan go into the radiator. I knew immediately because it's not a sound you forget - especially now that I've heard it 4 times! I don't know why yet, I still don't have it home. We strapped over to a friends house in the Highlands and came in. I'm headed out now with the trailer to pick it up.
I'm guessing a motor mount or water pump failure. Rad mounts looked OK, and the spring pins are new OME, but those are the causes that have caused me to hitch-hike in from middle Nevada with a Radiator on my back before.
I think my "experiment" with mechanical fans is over.

Ah crap!!! I happyfaced the radiator a few times in my 55, one due to a cracked sbc water pump, one due to motor mount, one due to washboard. 2 of the 3 were mostly because we had the flex fan out on a long spacer to get close to the radiator. Building a proper shroud fixed it.

Bummed I missed out as I would have loved to gone out there with my camera. Club will have to do this run again soon, finally getting new tires on BeBe and got some time off so will be taking care of the tranny armor as well.

Thanks to everyone on the nice drive. My whole family have a great time seeing some new country and meeting everyone.

So is this hard to find on your own? Friends and the wife and I took the LC up Goni to the radio towers and found our way to American Flats last weekend. We were talking about this run and wondering if it was something we may be able to find solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom