Nov 9th and 10th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all once again.

Couple of options this weekend.

For those who have been to the 4WDABC Toy Run at Stave you have seen some of the fun the Mudders have. This weekend (Saturday) is Muddageddon 2019. While IH8MUD I have had a blast watching those who build their rigs for the mud...The Dirt Church crew, etc. It's billed as a family affair. I think it best to get there early and find a spot to have a campfire going for the day, then wander and enjoy the entertainment. Any takers to join in and watch the entertainment?

Day two is a family friendly club run to Skwellepil Rec Site or some other simple run like Harrison East where we went this last weekend. Either are simple gravel travel, build a fire and enjoy the day. If we do Skwellepil, for those inclined there is the old FSR up the valley to explore, but last time I was there one could only drive a bit then due to rock slides you had to hike the rest of the way. If some family I have invited make the Sunday, it will be confirmed at the Rec site, but I will update this thread as needed.

Planning on bringing the Cdn M101 to both, with wood for the days fire.

gb

Muddageddon 2019.jpg

Last edited:
There’s a couple of us going to be there around 10:00 tomorrow (Saturday) at Stave. If anyone is inclined there will be a fire to warm yourselves. If it’s raining a bit a tarp is in the plans. Look for the Landcruiser’s.

As for Sunday: meet at the Sasquatch Pub at 11:00 for an 11:30 departure.

gb

Last edited:
Two ships passing in the night late morning as Greg and I waved at each other. We entertained the idea of turning around and joining up...but..IH8MUD :)

So off to Hale we went. Sorta hooked up with the 4WDABC noob run, but as they were touring around we just headed straight to Hale as the :princess: and kids needed to back by 6 for yet another 4H banquet.
Met a lot of new faces, well all new faces mostly, I haven't been out much in social gatherings like this for quite some time, and we had an absolutely awesome day. Lots of kids, lots of dogs, everyones tired :)

20191109_122808_HDR.jpg
20191109_124333_HDR.jpg
20191109_124632_HDR.jpg
20191109_134808_HDR.jpg

We did a quick run up to Sunrise to check out after hearing about all the logging and road remediation; the V rock has no V anymore. It was kinda hard to recognize really.

20191109_143136_HDR.jpg

Nice trip & pics Jeff.
I wonder how the mud bog was?

We are thinking of wandering down to Ross Lake to try and get a walk in somewhere dry (?)

Had a good chuckle when we passed...and knew what your decision was! Looks like a good day at Hale. I can not imagine the work to remove all the fine silt from your dogs hair if you had brought him to Stave.

We thought two trucks with 4 of us (Gary, Bill and John (Canucksafari) and myself) but as we were setting up Kim happened by and joined. So we helped set up the 4WDABC tents (saved setting up a tarp; thanks Kim and the 4WDABC) lit a fire and enjoyed the show. It was good. Not as busy at the Toy Run and some of the big trucks I have seen at the Toy Run were not there today...but it was still fun with good company and the show. At 275K miles and 25 years it seems the flasher relay ran out of flashes on my Cruiser today, so after checking fuses and removing the relay I made a quick trip to Lordco in Mission, bought a replacement and it worked! Went back to Stave and enjoyed some pork chops, some steak, baked potatoes and baked garlic cloves (Thanks Gary and Bill!). And the best Pico De Gallo I have ever had (Thanks John).

I did not get a bunch of photos but know Bill did so until he posts them...here are two.

gb

IMG_6506.jpg
IMG_6512.jpg

Last edited:
Chehalis is a go for Sunday. 11:00 at the Sasquatch pub for an 11:30 departure. Trailer will be full of wood for another fire.

gb

That power wagon has some time & $$ into it...nice pics Bill.

We blasted the GX down the Silver Skagit today, the gate was locked so we took a wander through the meadow.
5138ABB1-9B71-4A14-861D-9EFA53DEB0EC.jpeg

9ACBDD6F-550B-4FA8-90B2-613A8ACE7BFF.jpeg

C731E916-4BB8-40E8-9C32-754E091293CA.jpeg

Nice: I didn't know that Ponderosa Pines would grow in this damp west coast climate...
We camped in there a few times, once we had a light sprinkle overnight but come morning people were coming back to camp after trying to leave...the road had washed out near Hope due to a massive rainstorm. It’s a very different climate there for sure.

Day two was great. I failed at the picture taking end of things, getting one photo all day!

I met Gary (HDJ81) and Andrew (FJCruiser) at the Sasquatch Pub. My Stepson, wife and kids were going to come to the rec site as well and were off to a late start so Gary and Andrew went ahead. Gary was working on the fire as we arrived around 14:00 (nice drive in, will have to head up again with more time and explore a bit, especially some of the tracks at the south end of the lake). Campsite was busy with lots of folk out for the day. After dark most were already gone or left to head back. We stayed till 21:30 or so (maybe closer to 22:00?). Three campsites were taken with folks staying.

Two pit toilets on site, campground looked in good shape and the road in was okay. Nice that the track down to the site will be not "maintained" as such (If I have read the info correct) and hopefully becomes better (worse) over time. Thanks to the 4WDABC for their leadership and keeping the site open.

gb

IMG_6516.JPG

Last edited:
Couple more from the misty mountain top at Sunrise

Were you listening to Led Zeppelin recently?

Hey, @Enigma are you at the club meeting on Thursday? I will being the drill press out if so.

gb

Some photos Gary took.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom