Nov. 8-11 AOP with the Florida crew (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
AOP Ride

Adventure Off Road Park

Some of the guys from FL are coming up for a long weekend.

I'm planning to drive up on Friday afternoon to get my truck from Rogers and ride on Saturday with Dennis and a few others for the day, probably head home Saturday night.

Last edited:
Hey Ted, you have room on your trailer for a set of swampers? If so and if @tgreco still wants them, this might be a good chance to get this set of swampers to him, specially if he would want them for the Thanksgiving run.

Hey Ted, you have room on your trailer for a set of swampers? If so and if @tgreco still wants them, this might be a good chance to get this set of swampers to him, specially if he would want them for the Thanksgiving run.

with as bald as my iroks are after Moab I'm gonna bolt them to the truck so yeah, sure there will be room.

I’ve never been to AOP, is there a good mix of trail difficulty there?

I’ve never been to AOP, is there a good mix of trail difficulty there?

AOP is probably my single favorite park under the right conditions. When it's dry it can't be beat, when it's wet you go elsewhere. It's close enough to town so cooking is not needed, the bathrooms/showers are adequate and it's right off the interstate so access is easy.

It' been a year since I've been there so as you know a lot can change. I'm pretty sure they've cut in a number of new trails so dont know about those and the older/more difficult trails have been beat on by the buggy guys in places.

I kinda break the park into segments:
  • The lower left black trails (50, 72, 73 etc.) used to be my favorite when its dry but it's not often enough. The tree canopy shades the hillside so it doesn't get much of a chance to dry out.
  • The top 1/3 of the park is for the wagon guys. GWT, 27, 37 etc. offer some great fun. I've seen stock 80/100 guys walk the moderate trails with no issue and 5 minutes later straps are out so all depends on your abilities. For the cautious type a winch would not hurt but isn't required either.
  • The lower right (45, 47, 43) is much rockier and most diverse in trail selection. Probably the best section of the park for the big tire guys. Wagons have no business here.
  • That leaves the middle which are the access trails (1, 2 and 3) and a handful of moderate trails. Can't speak for these since I've not run them but pretty sure this is where some of the newer trails exist. Area 51 is a play ground for breaking your junk allowing easy access to camp.

map-update-4-25-final.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. I will be there.

Looking forward to this. I will be there.

sorry to read about the passing of your mom!!! Good thing you stayed at home after all. Looking forward to wheeling with you guys on my bald ass iroks!!

Bump- headed out mid friday despite the weather.

Leaving 5AM tomorrow morning...Despite the weather

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom