Nov 2nd and 3rd Plans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seems like the weather is presenting some opportunity so thinking of heading up to Clear Creek on Friday and depending on who all shows up and what folks want to do either staying the weekend or heading further north via the Kookipi for Saturday night somewhere.

If you are going to come up Friday post up here. If you are thinking of making it a day trip Saturday post up here. Will see how it evolves and make a final post Friday before heading out. I want to be up there earlier then later on Friday so would be hoping to leave mid day.

I've not been up there in years so have no idea what to expect at the tubs and surrounding area.

Cheers
gb

Hi all.

Might change this to a one nighter for Saturday only. Then anyone who has never been up to Clear Creek can join in for the run up Saturday morning, making it a day run for anyone who does not want to camp.

Cheers
gb

Hey Greg, since no one is responding, I thought I would say something so you know you're not just throwing peas at the wall (I think that is an old school term they used back in your day ;) I wish I could go, haven't been to Clear creek since I moved north and one day I'd like to go back and show my wife all the old wheeling grounds like Clear creek and sunrise lake.... If I was closer I would be there for sure this weekend, just replaced my power steering and looks like it fixed the leaking. Have fun out there! Post up pictures of the trail and the tubs!

Hey Deny! I don't think I have ever heard that term...I must not be quite old enough, lol.

Questioning the wisdom of CC on a weekend after seeing some of the posts on the CC FB page. I did not know there was a page till yesterday and checked it out late last night. Might be a spot best reserved for weekday overnighters but I'm still somewhat inclined to check it out, with a backup plan in place. Was at the shop yesterday till late working on a project so not going today.

gb

Well I'm older than both of you and I've never heard that expression of throwing peas at the wall. There was a Russian idiom something like that of also milking chickens to determine when you were likely to get married. Sometimes colloquialisms get turned around due to our cognitive dissonance but don't worry guys as this will eventually pass as does the idea of wanting to get married. ;)
My Cruiser insurance just expired for the season so I can't make it Saturday.

Well, here you go....

– This Polish phrase is used to describe someone such as Florence Foster Jenkins or someone who has no ear for music. “Throwing peas onto a wall” – This expression is the equivalent of “falling on deaf ears.”

Samurai won't be ready to try again by then, dry compression test revealed 120 PSI. I'll try wet and see if number stays then I'm happy if number goes up then I probably need to do rings at a minimum.

Tomorrow 10:00 at the beach at Harrison. Then head up Harrison East. At worst CC is too busy and we have a campfire somewhere else.

gb

I'd love to come but I'm in Eatonton, Georgia that is.. :)

There has to be a story there...

20 litres :doh:

received_425503101495072.jpeg

Day trip was all gravy...nice to get to CC Hotsprings and had a fire at a new spot for me on Harrison.

Two trucks (Daryl and his wife in the high roof HJ60 and myself in the 80) headed up Harrison East from Harrison around 10:30. Weekend and nice weather made for a busy road: Quads, bikes, sidebysides. trucks, etc. Before Big Silver there was a helicopter bringing logs to a sort at the side of the road. Stopped at Big Silver for a bite (there were a couple folks who had trailers camping and some day trippers having a fire) then headed up to CC. CC was busy so I did not take any photos or partake in the tubs. Would be nice to head back there midweek for fewer people. On the way back down even more trucks full of folk on the way up passed us. Would have been a lineup for the tubs if they all wanted to partake. Stopped at the Lake for a fire and some smokies then shut things down around 21:00, getting back into Harrison around 22:00 to air up. Was great to get out.

gb

IMG_6442.jpg
IMG_6451.jpg
IMG_6456.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom