Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes, The Cove

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Won't be able to make it

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@E902F80 i also have an LX470 but it’s fairly armored up at this point.

The first half of the day we are going up to the overlook. A stock LX is plenty capable of doing this part with some careful spotting. With any of the green trails at The Cove, there’s always a good chance of rocker damage and sliders are highly recommended. Even the easiest of trails at the The Cove have large rocks and loose soil, making them somewhat unpredictable.

The second part of the day we intend to do some of the blue trails on the property. I’ve not explored these trails yet but from what I’ve gathered this could be pretty challenging for a full size wagon. It may turn out easier than expected, or we may get half way through it and all turn around.

Either way, I would encourage you to come out and meet some of the club members if you are new. You could potentially drive to the lookout and then ride/spot with one of us later in the day when we try some of the harder stuff.

See a few are interested in wheeling in a couple weeks so figured I'd start a thread to see if there's enough people committed.

We will be going to The Cove on Nov 14th for some fun wheeling! There's some sections that we want to go back and hit a few trails that aren't mapped. Should be a good time with some fun challenges. I will keep this post updated with those that have confirmed and are hoping to comfirm.

Lets shoot for being at The Cove by 9:00AM so we have enough time to enjoy wheeling before it starts getting dark.
Roaster:
Me
@MyLandy
@DominicanFZJ80
@FJCowboy
@TTViper
@wolvesSpareFrly
@Cruiserhead05 - possibly
@DirtNap - checking with sculpture gods for approval
@lacefro - you mentioned at the meeting, but are you in?
@Stumpalama - are you in?

Post up if you're interested and I'll add you to the list.

I'm in.

Cove has been contacted, rifle season starts that weekend so we'll have to be off the trails by 3pm and won't be able to start wheeling til 10. Let's make sure we're there around 9, so we can be aired down and ready to roll by 10am.

I may be able to come out to the Cove.

If there's still space available, I'd like to join. If there's anything I can't get through in my LX I'd be happy to ride along and take some pictures for the group. Thanks for putting this together!

Groups getting large... unless there is someone willing to lead a 2nd group, this will be cut off. Being potentially over 10 rigs is going to be a large group.

I’ve got to bail. My social planner just made plans for me that day.

Is this full now? I’m interested, if it’s open for another truck.
Yes it is still full unless someone else is willing to lead a group

If someone is new to The Cove, but willing to lead a separate green/blue group in the afternoon, I can recommend a route to run.

With @lacefro being so kind to lead another group, more may be able to join in and/or we split into two smaller groups. Makes any situation more manageable.
See y’all Saturday.
I think we should definitely do 2 groups with the amount of rigs even if no one else joins. Having a max of 8 per group would be nice, that way it isn't too slow going, and both groups can cover a good amount of ground.

@mudNEWB please post up if you're still interested and I'll add your name to the roaster.

I think we should definitely do 2 groups with the amount of rigs even if no one else joins. Having a max of 8 per group would be nice, that way it isn't too slow going, and both groups can cover a good amount of ground.

@mudNEWB please post up if you're still interested and I'll add your name to the roaster.
@afgman786 I think I may need to bail as my 2nd gear is slipping big time. I think Fall Crawl may have been the last straw. I drove it home from Chantilly and could barely use 2nd. Normally it slips now and then but usually comes around. I was having to start in 1st granny and do my best to speed shift to 3rd. It wasn't pretty. I will see how it goes over the next couple of days, but I may be a game-time decision. Time to get on County Transmissions schedule.

@afgman786 I think I may need to bail as my 2nd gear is slipping big time. I think Fall Crawl may have been the last straw. I drove it home from Chantilly and could barely use 2nd. Normally it slips now and then but usually comes around. I was having to start in 1st granny and do my best to speed shift to 3rd. It wasn't pretty. I will see how it goes over the next couple of days, but I may be a game-time decision. Time to get on County Transmissions schedule.
Good thing you've got an Orion and don't need 2nd :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom