Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes, The Cove

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Won't be able to make it

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afgman786

SILVER Star
Threads
See a few are interested in wheeling in a couple weeks so figured I'd start a thread to see if there's enough people committed.

We will be going to The Cove on Nov 14th for some fun wheeling! There's some sections that we want to go back and hit a few trails that aren't mapped. Should be a good time with some fun challenges. I will keep this post updated with those that have confirmed and are hoping to comfirm.

Lets shoot for being at The Cove by 9:00AM so we have enough time to enjoy wheeling before it starts getting dark.
Roaster:
Me
@MyLandy
@DominicanFZJ80
@FJCowboy
@TTViper
@wolvesSpareFrly
@lacefro
@Boomstick
@E902F80
@Txcoast
@zmducote
@BullRunOverland
@Cruiserhead05
@Stumpalama - are you in?

Post up if you're interested and I'll add you to the list.

Last edited:
The Cove would let us in.

What is Wolf Den like? Is there a days worth of blues to do?
Maybe...? The maps for their park are on Maprika, it's definitely not a lot of trails. If we really wanted to wheel the whole day Cove would be the way to go.
Some of the stuff on their maps are dotted which is for smaller than 64" but I remember driving on some of them last year

Not sure, will check with SWMBO, but am crossing my fingers. will get back to you

Not sure, will check with SWMBO, but am crossing my fingers. will get back to you
You need to check with a sculpture? What kind of religion do you follow???

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 12.01.46 PM.png

Voted Wolf Den, because I haven't been yet; ultimately it's up to the current project's completion. The Cove would be a good spot to test newly installed lockers, but Wolf Den might also provide the same.

Also, I don't necessarily need to be out the whole day. A morning session at Wolf Den would satisfy the need.

Shall keep an eye on this.

Last edited:
After talking to some of the guys last night, they got me leaning towards The Cove as well. Sure it might be a bit more money, but the trail system is well worth it along with the scenery.

The only con is the cost... while everything else makes it better. For example wolf den is double the travel time, and from what I remember its an okay park.

For those that voted Wolf Den are you against going to The Cove instead? Will need definite answer before the weekend starts to we can let The Cove know with enough lead time and rig count.

I voted for either and Cove works for me. Not to mention, we could do a bit more map tracking & trail labeling/color coding. I picked up a Baofeng recently, of the folks potentially attending would someone be able to get mine programmed appropriately?

Refresh me please on the $$$ for the Cove?

$30 a person to wheel
Thanks! I'm game for that. I've never been to the Cove and I missed Fall Crawl so I'm afraid I'm not up on the pricing. Safe to assume it's another $30 for a passenger?

Thanks! I'm game for that. I've never been to the Cove and I missed Fall Crawl so I'm afraid I'm not up on the pricing. Safe to assume it's another $30 for a passenger?
That is correct. Whether driver or passenger it's $30 per person.

I was a Wolf Den vote, but I'm down with the Cove too, so count me in. I'll try to map some green trails with Gaia while I'm there.

I’m interested and cove is cool with me. Attendance is tentative as of right but doing my best to come. Need a good shakedown run in the 80

Going to keep the first post updated with roaster for who plans on showing up to The Cove. Plan is to have a pretty solid count before weekend is over so that we can talk to The Cove and make sure they are good with it. Also if you are interested in camping, that can be communicated to them as well.

New member here, would love to join you all and meet everyone. This would be first time for me. I am in a stock lx470 just with BFg tires. Would I even make it at the cove?

thanks-

New member here, would love to join you all and meet everyone. This would be first time for me. I am in a stock lx470 just with BFg tires. Would I even make it at the cove?

thanks-

Would there be trails for you at The Cove? Yes.

However, being first time and stock I don't know if you'd be too happy with us on this ride. Is that fair to say @TTViper with the areas we talked about covering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom