Nother headliner Q --->FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
Last edited:
razor

i haven also been searchin for a headliner alternative...thought about just spraying it with white durabek....the old headliner is gone...i will follow this post and continue to search...i will post if i find any good alternatives

osagecruiser

Try this company. They make a repro TLC headliner that back in 2001 set me back $85+. It looks just like the OE with the exception of a sewn seam that is required as apparently the material comes front he manufacturer only so wide. It looks very, very good. I believe this is the same source CCoT gets theirs from.

Acme Auto Headlining Co.
550 W. 16th
Long Beach, CA 90813
213-437-0061
800-288-6078

The guy I talked to back then was Bob and while not a Cruiserhead he knew exactly what I wanted as he apparently has made these for a number of us. Attaches with 3M headliner adhesive available at Napa.

http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/headfj19thru.html

Headliner s

For what its worth , Acme Auto in CA isnt the supplier to CCOT or so they say. They do have what appears to be the CCOT look alike headliner material if not the same stuff. They send you a sample if you care to pursue. Their headliner material Comes in 54 inch width, which I believes requires a seem to be created doing the Fiberglass FJ Roof. Not sure how it works out economically either. Price per yard; 4- 9 yards goes $16.00 retail, 10 yards up goes to $12.00 a yard. Hope it helps.

i did that auto carpet, turned out good, i was impressed and it looks tight

Go over to Home Depot. Buy thier grey indoor-outdoor carpet. 6'x7' and get some heavy duty glue (the type to brush on) and stick it on. Works beautifully and can't tell its not ment to be there. All for 20 bucks.

I used polar fleece. It comes in lots of patterns and wide and inexpensive. I glued a layer of industrial aluminum foil to the fiberglass, then cut and fit several ensolite foam sleeping pads (older military style) to deaden sound and reflect heat. Then the polar fleece. Obviously this was easier with the lid off and upside down, but it might be good for some ideas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom