Nother headliner Q --->FJ40

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Razor, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Razor

Razor

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  2. osagecruiser

osagecruiser

razor

i haven also been searchin for a headliner alternative...thought about just spraying it with white durabek....the old headliner is gone...i will follow this post and continue to search...i will post if i find any good alternatives

osagecruiser

3. Razor

Razor

4. dgangle

dgangle total rice

Try this company. They make a repro TLC headliner that back in 2001 set me back $85+. It looks just like the OE with the exception of a sewn seam that is required as apparently the material comes front he manufacturer only so wide. It looks very, very good. I believe this is the same source CCoT gets theirs from.

Acme Auto Headlining Co.
    550 W. 16th
    Long Beach, CA 90813
    213-437-0061
    800-288-6078

The guy I talked to back then was Bob and while not a Cruiserhead he knew exactly what I wanted as he apparently has made these for a number of us. Attaches with 3M headliner adhesive available at Napa.

http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/headfj19thru.html

5. Samster

Samster

Headliner s

For what its worth , Acme Auto in CA isnt the supplier to CCOT or so they say. They do have what appears to be the CCOT look alike headliner material if not the same stuff. They send you a sample if you care to pursue. Their headliner material Comes in 54 inch width, which I believes requires a seem to be created doing the Fiberglass FJ Roof. Not sure how it works out economically either. Price per yard; 4- 9 yards goes $16.00 retail, 10 yards up goes to $12.00 a yard. Hope it helps.

6. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    i did that auto carpet, turned out good, i was impressed and it looks tight

7. slickrock

slickrock

Media:
    Albums:
    Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
    Go over to Home Depot. Buy thier grey indoor-outdoor carpet. 6'x7' and get some heavy duty glue (the type to brush on) and stick it on. Works beautifully and can't tell its not ment to be there. All for 20 bucks.

8. amandap

amandap

I used polar fleece. It comes in lots of patterns and wide and inexpensive. I glued a layer of industrial aluminum foil to the fiberglass, then cut and fit several ensolite foam sleeping pads (older military style) to deaden sound and reflect heat. Then the polar fleece. Obviously this was easier with the lid off and upside down, but it might be good for some ideas.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.