Notes on Fuel rails and Injectors Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I fixed some wiring on my knock sensors this week and while I was in there I put on new fuel injector seals. Some of them were really hard to push back into the fuel rail. I figured this was a good thing because it meant the seal was right. After putting everything back together I start up the car and immidiately fuel is spraying from almost every injector! I did a quick search and found this helpful thread.
New fuel injectors leaking - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-fuel-injectors-leaking.1001845/

When installing the injector back into the rail, apply a very small amount of grease or other lubricating material and insert with even force. You can feel the injector sit into place without applying too much force and you will know it is done correctly when it can spin freely while inserted. If it is not freely spinning the o ring is pinched inside the rail and you will have a leak. The bottom seal is a little more difficult to properly install but you can also apply some tiny lubricant and then you just have to ensure it is fully seated into the intake. Tighten the 4 12mm fuel rail nuts to 15ft lbs and continue to check that the injectors can spin left and right ensuring there is no pinching of the seals. Hope this can help someone do it right the first time!

IMG_6028.jpeg

thank you for this, I had put my fuel rail back together after a starter replacement along with all new OEM Injector seals, and had the same leak. I took it all apart, and examined every single seal, and they all look perfect. I will try putting it back together again with a small amount of lubricant in there. Something just have gotten pinched or not inserted correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom