Not your typical MPG thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Speeder

InstaH8R
Threads
I just averaged 17mpg on a highway trip with my 91 3FE!!!! I even have 35" MT's.
Impossible you say? Here's how I did it - 40 PSI in the tires, cruise control set at 68 MPH, roof bars off, very little AC even in the hot Alabama sun.

Has anyone ever seen this with a 3FE? My typical average has always been 11MPH regardless of speed. This is the first highway trip I've made since starting to use 20W-50 oil.

Anyway, woohoo!

I've NEVER gotten near that.

I see 8.5-9.5 around town. 12-13 on the highway.

33's and a 1FZFE (maintained and tuned up)

I'll go the opposite way - trip with scouts and trailer this weekend - 9.5 mpg.

Congress needs to get off it's collective arse and raise the charitable mileage rate from $.14/mile. They just raised the basic mileage rate to $.485 and the moving/medical rate to $.22. Unfortunately, it takes an act of congress to change the charity mileage rate. It's set by statue instead of the IRS.

Best I've gotten is 13.5 mpg and thats driving like a grandpa.

Biff said:
Best I've gotten is 13.5 mpg and thats driving like a grandpa.

I thought that's the way you drove all the time! :flipoff2: especially when you ran your front bumper right into that sand dune. hehehe I promise I still won't tell your wife you did it on purpose as an excuse for the ARB Victor because I'd love to do the same thing this November. :D

Brentbba said:
I thought that's the way you drove all the time! :flipoff2: especially when you ran your front bumper right into that sand dune. hehehe I promise I still won't tell your wife you did it on purpose as an excuse for the ARB Victor because I'd love to do the same thing this November. :D

She still has no clue :D, especially when I show her all the crash pictures with the ARB. I might try for a winch and use a similar strategy. :grinpimp:

LX_TREME said:
I beated you 19mpg here :flipoff2:

LX, you have a 1FZE! I have a 3FE, so technically you beat me, but I gotta say, I won on the emotional aspect.

OZCAL said:
Must've had a tailwind too!

was round trip, so no tailwind

CruisinGA said:
I've NEVER gotten near that.
I see 8.5-9.5 around town. 12-13 on the highway.
33's and a 1FZFE (maintained and tuned up)

Dude, I also hung with you in the N. Ga hills with this 3FE.
But your school beat my Alma Mater, so we are even...

What's typical? I miss something?

just drove to atlanta this weekend one way got 15.1 hwy averaged about 70mph i got 10.4mpg city the tank before that. and i got a 96 with 33 bfg at's and j springs

Towing a 3000 lb trailer from Lake Tahoe to San Luis Obispo I averaged over 15 mpg. Stock truck w/ no roof rack. I think the roof racks really hammer the mpg. LTX's with 45 psi. and drive like grandpa, on the pavement that is. Best I've gotten (bought it in late June) is just over 17. But I live at 6500' and all the driving is up and down.

Land Speeder said:
was round trip, so no tailwind

QUOTE]

Down hill both ways then............ :grinpimp:

I averaged 13-14 mpg's, highway and town. Gas prices shot up after Hurr Kat, so I turned the PWR button off, and drove like I was on fumes for a whole tank. Got 16.5 mpg's. That was before the latest tuneup (plugs, wires, rotor, distr cap, and first jolt of Mobil 1 oil in engine and diff's). Runs a heck of alot shoother now and am curious if my mpg will go up any.

randall

That would be sweet if I can get that with my 91 3fe...I might be able to beat you with the 5 speed though ;) I hope I can get 19mph on the highway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom