Not wired up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening LC people. new owner of a 75 l.c. The old wiring loom was removed in one piece, although wrecked in a few places. I found a electronics store in wisconsin called Corsica Technic. They had most ends needed for replacement, check them out. Also the vehicle came with a lot of new parts including a Painless wiring harness. looks to be a few years old. Would anyone have a cross over diagram from original to a painless. The paperwork with the new harness was not complete, also a picture of how the original wiring is routed. thanks, guy

Well, the painless is probably a universal kit. If you don't have smog stuff, computer, sensors or FI and you supply an original wiring diagram and pics. I could probably help get it wired. It's good you have the "ends"/connectors. If you are experienced, you should be able to figure it out. If not, advise if you need help. KEEP THE ORIGINAL HARNESS IN TACT.

Fortunately, '75 40 is a clear factory diagram. Don't mess with the Painless harness, fix the original. I fixed my mouse nest out of a pile of potential short circuits.

However, we have yet to see the carnage - post up pics. Welcome to Mud.

How can we view this clear factory diagram?

I have got the 76 wiring diagram in my shop, I will take some pics and post tomorrow.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I went through and repaired wire and connectors, labeled most of the connectors. I do have a emissions computer but all the smog stuff was taken out by PO. I do have a enlarged wiring diagram. it also came with a pertronix electronic distributor, coil and big green monster alternator, all new stuff. That was part of the wiring question. I will get back to you on the help part appreciate your time. Thanks, Guy

Fortunately, '75 40 is a clear factory diagram. Don't mess with the Painless harness, fix the original. I fixed my mouse nest out of a pile of potential short circuits.

However, we have yet to see the carnage - post up pics. Welcome to Mud.
looking that way, thanks

8A8330AB-E525-4AE1-8B25-460F78B7CC40.jpeg
18DB056C-4475-4DA6-84C3-93194E8B16FE.jpeg

Cheers

wiring2-1.jpg

wiring2-2.jpg

L = blue / "light purple"
B = black
R = red
W = white
G = green
Y = yellow
O = orange (although, I don't think that was used in '75 IIRC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom