Not sure where to post - Current Mild Build Status (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently reached a bit of a milestone with my rig, and figured it's time to check in with a couple of pics.

After debating whether to move up in size, I ended up going for Toyo ATIIIs in the stock 285/60/18 configuration. I'm about 500 miles in and like them a lot.

This week, I had the ARB 2721 rear springs installed at SD Trux in San Diego. Also went ahead with my first oil change at 5500 miles, instead of waiting for Toyota's recommended 10K.

The 2721s definitely introduced 1.5" of lift in the back, even though they say that these springs are no lift. They are firm, but not in an uncomfortable way. I'm happy with them, and feel that I'm now well-equipped for trailering and heavier loads, which was my goal.

I had the Bilstein 6112/5160 shocks installed about three months ago, so now I've got tires, shocks, and springs. The 6112s are currently on the lowest perch in front.

With the spring lift, I'm definitely a bit raked, so I may move a couple notches higher to level out.

20210607_123212.jpg

20210607_123239.jpg

20210615_173804.jpg

20210616_110303.jpg

20210618_075248.jpg

Do you feel the 285/60 are too small now with the lift? I have the AT2s in the same size and will be doing 2701 and 2721 OME lift shortly.

Now that I'm a couple of months down the road, I'm glad I didn't move up from the stock tire size. The ATIIIs are sweet, and although the road noise was a little noticeable at first, I don't notice them at all now. This tire configuration does everything I need it to do. I think the size is perfect for me. I just wanted better snow performance (and they look cooler than stock, by a lot).

I am still a bit more raked than I would like, but I don't know yet whether I'm going to do anything about it. I am about an inch high on the driver's side in the rear. I may try to find a solution to install a spacer on the passenger side. If I do that, I may move to the second perch from the bottom up front.

I have a 2000 mile road trip with a trailer coming up, and will wait to see whether that changes my stance at all. Haven't been driving it all that much lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom