Not Sure Where This Goes... - 3.Slow V6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Feel free to move this wherever it fits.

I've heard all kinds of things about these engines. Everything from you're driving a bomb to you can wheel the piss out of them and they love it.

Do any of you have actual factual experience with a 3.0 V6? Any ideas on gas mileage? Extra Cab truck with 4WD. This one has an automatic, so what are your thoughts about that? I have a manual trans and transfer case I could rob from the Parts Runner, so no big deal there.

Thoughts? Please and thank you!

Rude... :middelfangers:

Nolen, this is beyond your mechanical abilities. Move along... :middelfangersagainsucka:

I have had 3 3.0 V6 4runners. all autos. I ran stock 30s, 31 BFGs, buckshots, and thornbirds.....the gas mileage is BAD and they have zero highway passing power....however....for low gear crawling they are supposedly great....i used mine in lots of mud and it dug and dug...hard to stick it....my .02 cents.

It has been discussed. You are just going to wake JesS up and he will start insulting people.
Heck yeah!

:popcorn:
I have had 3 3.0 V6 4runners. all autos. I ran stock 30s, 31 BFGs, buckshots, and thornbirds.....the gas mileage is BAD and they have zero highway passing power....however....for low gear crawling they are supposedly great....i used mine in lots of mud and it dug and dug...hard to stick it....my .02 cents.
Interesting. How bad on gas mileage, do you recall?

Here's my .02.

If I could go back and get a 22re 2nd gen 4Runner, I would.

I have the 3.0 v6 ( owned since 107k and it now has 167k ) and i've wheeled the piss out of it since then. I get about 14 city and 18 freeway ( doing 55-60 with cruise control on ). it is a ticking bomb... the HG always goes, despite having headers or not ( i had mine on for years and it still blew, sold the headers ) I now have about 8k miles on a new top end. If you're gonna get the 3.0, get the 5 speed. the automatic is a slug. ( granted the 5 speed isn't much better, but its tolerable. In comparison to speed, a 5 speed 22re could probably race you, and win if you have an automatic )

Here's my build thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota-truck-tech/467928-mak92-4rnrs-92-4runner-build-up-thread.html

dont recall the exact mileage....it wouldn't be indicative of your driving anyway I was a high school/college kid with a heavy foot and big tires.

a 5 speed with out alot of miles could be a good motor for wheeling......they do give up the ghost as mentioned by MAK.

having said all this my favorite car of all time was my 95 Limited 4runner with tan leather and hunter green.....Fine looking ride!

I had one in a single cab with a 5 speed. SCREAMER!!!!!!! Would spin street tires through 2nd into 3rd! Sold it to a college kid and he hasnt blown it up yet! I've always heard bad about them though. Sorry, no help here, move along.

I had one in a single cab with a 5 speed. SCREAMER!!!!!!! Would spin street tires through 2nd into 3rd! Sold it to a college kid and he hasnt blown it up yet! I've always heard bad about them though. Sorry, no help here, move along.
Nah, that was helpful. Thanks, David!

Jordan7118 said:
Feel free to move this wherever it fits.

I've heard all kinds of things about these engines. Everything from you're driving a bomb to you can wheel the piss out of them and they love it.

Do any of you have actual factual experience with a 3.0 V6? Any ideas on gas mileage? Extra Cab truck with 4WD. This one has an automatic, so what are your thoughts about that? I have a manual trans and transfer case I could rob from the Parts Runner, so no big deal there.

Thoughts? Please and thank you!

You've got mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom