Not sure of INLET on used pass through diesel muffler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Brothas, I have here a diesel pass through- type muffler which I picked up used.... was wondering if anyone might quickly educate me on which opening is the inlet. I've spent a little time on the internet but no such luck so far.

I'm out here making exhaust pipe and want to complete this today but realized I'm missing one piece: which opening on muffler is INLET.

I bought this used and it was off a Dodge diesel with Cummins 6BT in it.

My thought was that the INLET side (from turbo) is this end:

IMG_0804.JPG
-----maybe because the "open" angles of all the little vanes (for better lack of words) running back along the inside pipe, would force the inlet air to divide off into the other chamber as it makes its way back toward what I'm thinking is the OUTLET side.

OUTLET side here (?):

IMG_0803.JPG

View of whole taco:
IMG_0801.JPG

Do I have this right?

Thanks!
IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG

Howdy! I would guess the same way you are guessing. I am surprised there is no arrow or marking on the outside of the muffler. John

Seriously, if there is a Farm/Tractor Supply type store around, or maybe even a good auto parts store, go look at some of their diesel mufflers and see if it is obvious from looking down the pipe. Even Wally World might have one laying around. ya never know. John

To me it looks similar to a Cherry Bomb Glasspack but bigger sized ;)

221.jpg3..jpg

The first image is the inlet.

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom