not starting fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 88 fj62 sat for three years after a tire blew out , taking fuel pump wires with it, and the alternator went bad. So I fixed the fuel pump wireing, moving it inboard , wheel wellwas a dumb place to put it IMHO........replaced alternator and waterpump, which started leaking at the weep hole after three years of non use (odd). Now she turns over but does not start.
What I have checked thus far:
used timing light to verify I am getting spark.....I am .
Cracked loose the banjo bolt for the cold start injector and it had all kinds of pressure there, so I know the fuel pump has been doing its job.
I crcked the banjo bolt at the fuel pressure regulator on forward end of fuel rail and i got nothing. So I am thinking bad regulator. If I recall correctly there is another regulator type device at the rear of the fuel rail, but I cannot find this device in my haynes or chilton manuals.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my bugout limo and Phx is getting a little boring..........not to mention the covid apoccalypse is upon us and I have an invite to a compound in BFE that is only accessable by helicopter, horse, foot or 4 wheel drive.
Thanks in advance.........

My 88 fj62 sat for three years after a tire blew out , taking fuel pump wires with it, and the alternator went bad. So I fixed the fuel pump wireing, moving it inboard , wheel wellwas a dumb place to put it IMHO........replaced alternator and waterpump, which started leaking at the weep hole after three years of non use (odd). Now she turns over but does not start.
What I have checked thus far:
used timing light to verify I am getting spark.....I am .
Cracked loose the banjo bolt for the cold start injector and it had all kinds of pressure there, so I know the fuel pump has been doing its job.
I crcked the banjo bolt at the fuel pressure regulator on forward end of fuel rail and i got nothing. So I am thinking bad regulator. If I recall correctly there is another regulator type device at the rear of the fuel rail, but I cannot find this device in my haynes or chilton manuals.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my bugout limo and Phx is getting a little boring..........not to mention the covid apoccalypse is upon us and I have an invite to a compound in BFE that is only accessable by helicopter, horse, foot or 4 wheel drive.
Thanks in advance.........
It's called a Fuel Injection Pressure Damper . You can get one from Rock Auto for about $27.00 . I just replaced both the pressure regulator and the pressure damper on mine a few months ago .

I turned the adjustment screw , theone you probably arent supposed to turn, and the beast started right up. Probably replace the dampner , regulator, and fuel filter. I always orfer from Rockauto if I can . Ive ever regretted buying parts from them, which is more than I can say for Autozone et al.

You're welcome . Both my regulator & damper were the original parts . Mine is a 88 year model and I'd been having fuel pump problems the last couple of years . So I decided since they were so old I would just change them both . It starts a lot quicker now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom