craigslist (Not mine) Rare 2006 LC in Hawaii (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually on cars[.]com:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/748584618/overview?aff=share_other

Let me know if the link doesn’t play nice.

Anyone checked out this unicorn located in HI?? I’m sure it would be an ordeal to ship but obviously feasible.

No nav, does have AHC, and looks like an aftermarket DVD module installed under passenger seat for rear passengers? Also a couple backup sensors on the rear bumper.

Cool color combo and appears to be pretty clean - wishing this was in the lower 48 to check out. Low mileage & very cool!

John

Exercise caution! Cars rust in HI. Its like buying a truck/car from the Northeast or Canada.

Apparently NO NAV where the norm in HI. That reminds me, I sent them a message asking about shipping to mainland. They never did reply.

Apparently NO NAV where the norm in HI. That reminds me, I sent them a message asking about shipping to mainland. They never did reply.

After following your threads and search for unicorns I figured you would have already been all over this lol.

Seems like no nav was a Puerto Rico/Hawaii type thing? Pretty cool nonetheless. One of my favorite colors just because it’s so different.

Your right I do have interest in it.

But right now I've three rigs:
2000LX a w/super high mileage.
A very sweet clean 2007LC, GBP color, no factory AHC, low mile.
And a super clean 2011LC low mile.

My GF and neighbors would shoot me if I gab this one.;) But hey, a trip to HI to inspect would be fun RIGHT! Aloha!

I paid a local shop to check it out. He said interior/exterior was 7/10. Needs timing belt, some leaking from valve cover gasket, some coolant seepage near water pump, he mentioned the floor was damp - so either water intrusion of some sort or he mentioned it could be due to AC system condensation leak.

He did say that the chassis was in good shape - ie no notable corrosion. I obviously chose to pass on it but hopefully helpful to others here

That is quite the fleet! I have an 06 LX but the dream is to pickup a Pacific Blue Metallic 2006-2007 LC down the road or an 05 Atlantis Blue Metallic. Two of my faves colors on the LC. Would love to see you restore on of those two at some point! Maybe one day.

Do it!! I want someone to check it out. Seems like a worthy enough contender and a nice vacay in there as well :) might be a little easier to convince the GF if Hawaii is in the same sentence.

I paid a local shop to check it out. He said interior/exterior was 7/10. Needs timing belt, some leaking from valve cover gasket, some coolant seepage near water pump, he mentioned the floor was damp - so either water intrusion of some sort or he mentioned it could be due to AC system condensation leak.

He did say that the chassis was in good shape - ie no notable corrosion. I obviously chose to pass on it but hopefully helpful to others here

Thanks for sharing - I suppose some things are too good to be true. I would have passed as well but seems like a good candidates to restore if the price was right.

That is quite the fleet! I have an 06 LX but the dream is to pickup a Pacific Blue Metallic 2006-2007 LC down the road or an 05 Atlantis Blue Metallic. Two of my faves colors on the LC. Would love to see you restore on of those two at some point! Maybe one day.

Do it!! I want someone to check it out. Seems like a worthy enough contender and a nice vacay in there as well :) might be a little easier to convince the GF if Hawaii is in the same sentence.
A trip up to North Shore, to Three tables my favorite beach Oct thur Feb, would be fun.

I'll keep blue color in mind. I've had to pass on a few, as condition trumps all other considerations.

I've really come to like the Black Garnet Pearl (BGP) it is a very cool color. Changing depending on lighting to a Black at night. That's why we name the 06LC BGP "The Black Knight".

The BGP 07LC w/out AHC I have now is really really nice. We named it The Black Queen. It may sound funny for me to say; but it smells so good in the interior, like a lady, I don't even want to clean inside. Nore does it really need cleaning. But I will, it's just part of procedure that I do!

I struggle to see how to justify buying a Hawaii car. On top of the probable rust, it's in the middle of the Pacific..

unless you're in the logistics biz I guess

Rust is a massive issue on Hawaii vehicles. I had a friend who lived there for 10 years. There are reasons we never see cars from getting stateside. Where as you always see cars here imported from Japan (think Diesel LCs) and the EU, etc

Shipping from Hawaii is cheap. All the boats going out there are full of necessities, but coming back they are empty. I got a quote to ship a van to Long beach for $995. Takes a couple weeks though.

Shipped a car from Oahu to San Diego for 850.00 so pretty reasonable.

Wow that's shocking :eek: (to me)

Rust is a massive issue on Hawaii vehicles. I had a friend who lived there for 10 years. There are reasons we never see cars from getting stateside. Where as you always see cars here imported from Japan (think Diesel LCs) and the EU, etc

It CAN be, but not necessarily. There are some very clean Toyotas to be found there, even in rainy Hilo. For instance, I've seen a beautiful, rust free silver FJ62 there, and a spotless 80's 4x4 mini truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom