BaT Not Mine: PZJ70 Pickup with 1HZ-T Swap (2 Viewers)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Not mine. The build quality is suspect. Looks like a Costa Rican spray-and-pray.

What do you think this will go for?

1-C30-FC3-C-6698-42-AA-BD99-A5-E02-A08826-D.webp

Turbocharged 1HZ-Powered 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser PZJ70 Pickup 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-toyota-land-cruiser-49/

I couldn't resist. I had to comment on the auction. The truck is so hacked up, I don't want anyone to buy a lemon.

Thank you for the heads up on this

Tons of S.American flips happening and buyers have no clue ….

LC world is now like MINI and Defender world :(

I couldn't resist. I had to comment on the auction. The truck is so hacked up, I don't want anyone to buy a lemon.

BAT sucks, I have attempted to list a truck or two on there, full disclosure. They wanted to set the starting bid with no reserve well under my "all-in" $$ (1/3 what I had in it $$$ wise) in particular on a 1984 HJ47 in LHD. When I say "full disclosure" I mean dozens of pics of the Cruiser on thee lift showing all issues and every single component covered. They would rather list hack jobs. I sold that one on CL for what I had in it, in under a week.

Cheers

I’ve been following the comments on this one since the beginning of the auction. Saw the now-deleted post from @Will Van when it first went up and thought to myself “thank god someone here knows what he’s looking at and actually took the time to point out concerns”. When I went back later, I thought there’d been a mistake when not only that post but also a post from @OGBeno had been taken down. I get that BaT has a financial interest in increasing purchase price, but they also make so much of the expert community to help educate potential buyers. I enjoy following along with the auctions for some of the more unique trucks and even bought my last cruiser on BaT a few months ago, but this one has really put a bad taste in my mouth. @Will Van and @OGBeno, I don’t think either of you did it for attention, but good on both of you for calling a spade a spade.

I sold my 1983 Hilux on BaT and was satisfied with the transaction.

And I have seen good prices for quality vehicles on BaT. But they’re a business and they make more money with higher auction prices. Unfortunately, consumers aren’t very savvy and see shiny paint and assume it’s a good vehicle.

Why does the steering stabilizer have a spring on it? That makes my head hurt.

looks great

Are there any restrictions on posting your deleted bat comment here?
None that I’m aware of:

F1-EB3-FE4-89-C4-4-C0-F-857-F-20-E6-BCFA92-D1.jpg

8841-CD49-40-D0-417-E-8086-203-F5-F3-D7-E38.jpg

F2-C6945-E-4678-41-A2-B163-2055032-AB78-F.jpg

Later in the comments the Seller confirmed it has custom power windows.

@Will Van you are flagged as non constructive
yet all worthy questions that should be answered

@Will Van you are flagged as non constructive
yet all worthy questions that should be answered
Surprisingly my MUCH more critical post is still there. Who knows the logic?

I noticed only Beno’s comment is flagged now. Your original comment got put back up. In my mind that’s a result of the Mud revolt that BaT hand on its doorstep 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom