For Sale not mine fj45 in hawaii (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
You’d think for that $30k asking price they could have at least fixed the rust on the interior floors!

looked at the guage cluster and thought thay is an earlier cluster then saw the vin plate and brass tag, really a 1963 born rig, but it doesn't have a centered rear diff.

looked at the guage cluster and thought thay is an earlier cluster then saw the vin plate and brass tag, really a 1963 born rig, but it doesn't have a centered rear diff.

Would have to look it up but have a service bulletin with the change to the outset diff in both the 40 and 45 series according to the VIN. Could be the correct diff. Wish I had the same info for the transmission/transfer case change. Best I've ever seen was mid 63.

I guess Toyota made some 45s in California in 1963 since this one was born in California.:rolleyes:

Over all don't think it looks like that bad a cruiser. The VIN plaque on the firewall will have the engine serial number and want to verify that correct. Would also want to get to the mainland or a climate control garage that filters the salt out of the air.

If $30K is too much then what in your view is a more appropriate asking price?

When I saw the comment on floor rust expected something needed to be cut out and replaced. I see surface rust and a area with some pitting. I see a honest cruiser with what seems almost all it's original parts. Someone buys it and finishes it to the next level and would expect to see at least double that price in today's market.

I won’t buy a truck without putting eyes on it so figure that into the cost and shipping to the mainland too.

I know everyone has a different perspective but I’d find it hard to feel good about spending $30k on that truck just to drive around.

I’m not saying it won’t fetch that but it all depends on where you want to spend your $$$.

So that ‘65 FJ45 SWB fixed top has on its VIN tag “FJ45LP”. My ‘63 FJ45 SWB fixed top has on its VIN tag “FJ45L” (there is no P ).

So somewhere between 63 and 65 the P was added. Was that because they came out with the LVs and needed the pickup differentiator?

I thought the earlier rigs had the silver background gauge cluster (mine does) and the later black (my ‘65 FJ40 has the black cluster), like this one.

So that ‘65 FJ45 SWB fixed top has on its VIN tag “FJ45LP”. My ‘63 FJ45 SWB fixed top has on its VIN tag “FJ45L” (there is no P ).

So somewhere between 63 and 65 the P was added. Was that because they came out with the LVs and needed the pickup differentiator?

I thought the earlier rigs had the silver background gauge cluster (mine does) and the later black (my ‘65 FJ40 has the black cluster), like this one.

I wouldn't put too much weight into what letter it has or doesn't have. Sixties the model numbers are not what they starting in the mid seventies. On the FJ40 people think if they don't have the V it's a soft top model. But that isn't always the case. I have a few hard top models with no V. The soft top model had a number of different letters depending on design. Some had hard doors on the front and two piece ambulance doors in the back. We only got the one design but there was a letter for the style. It is also believe the VIN plaques were installed at port in the US not at the factory. First time a pop rivet was used was 3/69 on the driver's A pillar. Wasn't until the 78 model they were used on the plaque under the hood. At first they used machine screws and nuts then just sheet metal screws.

Would have to look it up but have a service bulletin with the change to the outset diff in both the 40 and 45 series according to the VIN. Could be the correct diff.

my 63 has a centered diff, this one according to the list was made right at the 63-64 line so maybe they ran out of the centered diff by that time???

I was looking at the idiot lights versus gauges. which the lights are a 63 thing, gauges are definitely in 65, maybe this goes along with the above where they were running out of old stock before using new stock. and this has lights but a black background???

The axles were updated long ago. This truck used to be in my neighborhood. It still looks the same after 20 years! It has been well kept. Hate to see what happens to it if it stays in Hawaii!

From what I found the offset rear axle is correct. Still looking for the service bulletin but found one for the Ramsey PTO winch and for what ever reason it gives two different Ramsey part numbers based on the rear axle. It shows 13301 as the change over number. On the FJ40 its 18301.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have that Ramsey brochure. I also bought a 64 FJ45 several years ago in South Dakota and its 280 higher in the serial number. It had a non centered differential. The vin tag also had the LP as well. FJ45LP and a serial number 3FJ45138XX.

I just happen to be in the Kona area at this time and may be able to go look at this for someone if they are really interested. Shoot me a pm.

Mark

No, No Dom, I sold the 64 non removable top 64 because it was to tight in the cab...plus another FJ45 could be big trouble for me...I have a very understanding wife and want to keep it that way.

Like I said No No No. green is the best Land Cruiser color though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom