eBay Not mine fj25 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah- ping me with any questions. I was going to post up with a few pics.

I like the tires on this. Are they bias tires? I see no problem with bias tires on these classics. Not like you will use it as a DD on the freeway. I am disappointed in the current bid. Not worth restoring them if this is what they will bring. Have a feeling take one to the next level going as correct as possible wouldn't make much difference.

I like the tires on this. Are they bias tires? I see no problem with bias tires on these classics. Not like you will use it as a DD on the freeway.
Tires are one of my "things". I don't recognize them, but they do appear to be bias ply. I agree that there is nothing wrong with bias ply tires on these rigs, I put them on my '64 FST too.

I am disappointed in the current bid. Not worth restoring them if this is what they will bring. Have a feeling take one to the next level going as correct as possible wouldn't make much difference.
eBay is the wrong place to sell one like that. Not enough people who understand what it is. It should be bringing much more than that.

eBay is the wrong place to sell one like that. Not enough people who understand what it is. It should be bringing much more than that.

Barrett Jackson also scares me. They pick the time slot and unless it something special in their opinion no reserve. I wouldn't list it on eBay without a reserve like this one. Wouldn't list one anywhere without a reserve.

Shot up to $55k now, still over 7 hours to go. @White Stripe - You called it on the timing, a bit low on the amount.

If the sale actually goes through, I'll retract my comment about eBay being the wrong venue.

@Living in the Past - I agree about B-J and their auctions. Not a good place unless you have something that they specialize in, such as rare American Muscle.

eBay proxy bids. If I bid $50k on an item with previous high bid of $20k, it only bids the minimum needed to beat the previous high, but saves my max of $50k. If someone else comes in and places a maximum bid of $60k, it will only bid $51k (or whatever the minimum increment is). Until someone else bids.

I rarely have successful sale on eBay with our cruisers. I believe the last one was fine and completed. Unfortunately folks are not always serious or back out. Becomes expensive marketing.

Previous sales have been around $75k for same quality. Will see. Love all the speculation. Guy says he wants it. Wanted me to end early.

On it's way to $75k now.

Tires are one of my "things". I don't recognize them, but they do appear to be bias ply. I agree that there is nothing wrong with bias ply tires on these rigs, I put them on my '64 FST too.
Arne,
I recognize them.They are Firestones. You can tell because they say 'Firestone' on them. Aye!
A vintage reproduction?

@BTUMAN , how bidding tactics comes into play on eBay auction was my concern and not the outcome of the auction.

From purity perspective purist may find it being a less than 100% original example, however I genuinely believe that it takes no less effort in building and attain results of such caliber.

I think your example deserves the highest possible market price.

Arne,
I recognize them.They are Firestones. You can tell because they say 'Firestone' on them. Aye!
A vintage reproduction?
Now that you pointed that out, I did see the Firestone logo on the side of one of them. But try as I might, I don't see that tire anywhere online. FJ25 has 16" wheels, I think the tires were 6.50-15, maybe 6.00. Can't find those in that size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom