SOLD (NOT MINE)(Facebook Marketplace) Dallas, Texas - $3000 1996 Black Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine! I just stumbled across this on my local FB Marketplace however, and figured some of you might be interested:

Some initial notes:

- Pulled the VIN via a license plate search: JT3HJ85JXT0134183

- Paint is obviously not great, but I've definitely seen worse. Same goes for the interior as well

- The current aftermarket wheels are a crime against the 4x4 gods and I imagine anyone planning to use this 80 for it's intended purpose would need to immediately install a more sensible wheel + tire combo

- Seller claims to currently have no title. Apparently the vehicle was bequeathed by a family friend, and the seller could not find the title, but claims they will get it once he gets the friend's death certificate

- Aftermarket stereo. That isn't my thing and I don't know much about them to be honest, but the setup looks extensive for better or for worse

- Seller claims the vehicle "needs some work", which they describe as a "front alignment" and "normal vehicle care".

- Not triple locked, cloth, a rare color, 40th CE, and/or any of those other extra desirable specs from what I can tell

Personally, I was at first really interested in this vehicle, as it's local to me and only $3K, but then I started to think about how I'd probably be out an immediate extra $2.5K, likely a little more, to fix the wheel/tire combo (I'm figuring around $500 per a new steely + decent A/T tire times 5 wheels/tires), the fact there is the problem of the missing title, I can't speak to the last real owner, and the fact it sounds like it's going to need some other, potentially expensive stuff as well. For me personally, that's just a bit too much - I feel like I'd rather buy a cleaner, more ready to go truck from a Mud member for more $ upfront. But I imagine this will appeal to many others, and I wouldn't be shocked (assuming there is nothing else majorly wrong with it) if it was gone within a couple days. Hopefully to a member of this forum who's looking for something like this and isn't afraid of a missing title!

The paperwork issue alone is a hard pass from me, learned that lesson the hard way...twice. Cool find though.

Facebook add says it sold.

Facebook add says it sold.

Just updated the thread to show this!

The paperwork issue alone is a hard pass from me, learned that lesson the hard way...twice. Cool find though.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't want to be playing paperwork games either, but apparently not everyone feels the same, as evident here. This Cruiser, despite being not being particularly nice, unlocked, needing some work, and having a missing title, managed to go from "on sale" to "pending" in literally a matter of hours - it got posted in the afternoon and was pending by night. Apparently the market for 80's is such that someone looked at all of the problems this particular example had and decided that, even at $3K, it was too good to pass up and jumped on it ASAP.

I wonder if this is just a temporary state of affairs for the LC market, or the new normal?

It's also probable that there's easily $3k in parts. Depending on your situation (hopefully soon to be mine) having your base 80 with 1-2 parts rigs would be ideal, especially if you could grab one for $3k :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom