Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where do we sign up for this Church of The Unicorn Mining Company?

not in Mexico, in canada(and US) for mine use, yes on South America.

I feel like starting a church and becoming a NGO might be our collective best bet ;) the Church of the Unicorn............

Where do we sign up for this Church of The Unicorn Mining Company?

A religious exemption is an interesting idea... I wonder though...

Shriners drive little go carts and such on the street - clearly not street legal. They're a US organization based around assisting crippled children. Very worthy cause - no I'm not a Shriner, but I respect what they do.

If we were to form an organization based around disaster response and require members to have and maintain a Unicorn - which they will need to drive and test regularly to ensure capability... You can haul a lot of bottled water and canned food to earthquake devastated areas in the back of a quad cab 79. You can transport flood victims (factory snorkel), deliver meals on wheels during a blizzard, drive in parades in support of charitable causes... Hmm...

The broader question is: Is there any organizational status (NGO?) that could grant it's members a pass for the import, personal ownership, registration, license, insurance and regular use of non-normalized vehicles in the US? Other than the Shriner's parade buggies, are there any examples of this?

If an NGO is to be formed count me in!

if I knew someone to ask I would.....

it sure would make since to have 1-2 units in each state to cover any disaster.

well I'll be.....look what showed up today, color was wrong(damn salesman) but I am very happy with it........

Thought I'd update:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Michael Papp <michael@l79-america.com>
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Just a quick update on the Toyota L79 America

We will not be concentrating on bringing in the base model at this time, but the 2016 model, unused, fully loaded. (Sample Pictures Attached)

Standard feature list below, followed by Stateside Additions.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

MODEL CODE-HZJ79L-DKMRSV

STANDARD FEATURES

BODY TYPE – Double-Cab Pickup

DIMENSIONS L x W x H mm-5235 X 1790 X 1960

DECK DIMENSIONS L x W x H mm-1525 X 1600 X 415

WHEEL BASE mm-3180

GROUND CLEARANCE mm-235

MIN. TURNING RADIUS (M)-6.3

KERB WEIGHT (Kgs)-2275

GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT (Kgs)-3200

FUEL TANK CAPACITY Liters-130

ENGINE & DISPLACEMENT cc-4164

OUTPUT-HP / RPM ISO Net-128 / 3800

TORQUE KgM/RPM ISO Net-29.0 / 2200

TYPE 6 CYL, OHC (Toyota 1HZ Inline 6 Diesel)

FUEL SYSTEM-FUEL INJECTION / Fuel Rail

FUEL TYPE-DIESEL

TRANSMISSION-5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

4WD OPTIONS - PART-TIME

STEERING-POWER/TILT/TELESCOPIC

BRAKE FRONT/REAR VENTILATED DISC

LOAD SENSING PROPORTIONATE VALVE

SUSPENSION-FRONT-H.D.COIL SPRING

SUSPENSION-REAR-H.D.LEAF SPRING

SIDE IMPACT BEAM - AIR BAG-Driver & Passenger

BUMPER-Front & Rear-BLACK

MUD GUARDS - Front & Rear

OUTER POWER MIRRORS - CHROME

DOOR HANDLES- CHROME PLATED

OVERFENDER / FENDER FLARES

SIDE STEP

SEAT MATERIAL -FABRIC

FRONT SEAT-Fr. SEAT BELT-3PELRx2+2PNRx1

REAR SEAT-Rr. SEAT BELT-3PELRx2+2PNRx1

HEAD REST

DIGITAL CLOCK

INNER REARVIEW MIRRORS-DAY/NIGHT

SUN VISOR-D+P

SEATING CAPACITY-6

WIPER FRONT – MULTI-SPEED w/MIST

POWER WINDOWS

ABS

DUAL AIR BAGS

POWER DOOR LOCKS

KEYLESS ENTRY

FRONT ELECTRIC WINCH WITH REMOTE CONTROL

METER ILLUMINATION CONTROL

AM/FM/CD STEREO

A/C - HEATER

HAC-HIGH ALTITUDE COMPENSATOR

FOOR MATS - CARPET

WOOD+LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

WOODEN GEAR KNOBS

WOODGRAIN PANELING

ENGINE AIR INTAKE SNORKEL

FRONT FOG LAMPS

FREE WHEEL HUB

REAR VIEW CAMERA

REAR LAMP GARNISH

DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL)

NAVIGATION SYSTEM

FRONT / REAR DIFFERENTIAL LOCKS

FRONT HUB LOCKS

ALLOY WHEELS

TIRE SIZE-265/70R16C

Systems Added Stateside-

Black Box Emissions Technology Diesel Exhaust Emission Control System

AdBlue/BlueDef Tank

Turbocharger and Intercooler

--
Michael J. Papp
Project Director – L79 AMERICA
Wuzheng North America

See Us At the SEMA Show, Las Vegas 10/2017!

_DSC0734 (8).jpg

_DSC0734 (7).jpg

View attachment 1380097

_DSC0722 (1).jpg

_DSC0724.jpg

_DSC0733 (1).jpg

this is how they could pay for the wall….

I'm not insinuating that this particular importer is or is not legitimate, but it's well within the realm of feasibility that an ICI has ran the EPA gamut and legitimized importation, possibly evidenced by the inclusion of turbo, intercooler, and other emissions control devices.

This has been discussed to the nth degree, but it's never been a matter of 'if', only a matter of 'how much'......a question I'd be asking, then authoring numerous classified ads to fund, IF it were a wagon.

I agree with you, but this particular individual has had a rather shady past with other automotive dealings. I'm not refuting the possibility of getting one into this country, but refuting his abilities and whether or not he will commit fraud like he has in the past.

Saw Quad Cabs are all over the place in Northern Nica where there's rich coffee farmers. I wouldn't be able to afford one new - so you can imagine poorer countries. If you have $100k to burn AND will only use the truck off-highway, call Miller. They will gladly hook you up.

Is the quad cab 79 Land Cruiser currently available for purchase in Mexico? Central America? Canada? Where is the nearest place Toyota actually sells Unicorns?

No longer will I be tormenting. I will be factual only.

I would suggest that wild, unfounded statements be refrained from. If you do not know of what you speak, ask.

You cannot import this vehicle as an off road vehicle into the USA.

It comes with the 1HZ engine. The V8 does not meet US EPA standards either.

Last edited:
I'm not insinuating that this particular importer is or is not legitimate, but it's well within the realm of feasibility that an ICI has ran the EPA gamut and legitimized importation, possibly evidenced by the inclusion of turbo, intercooler, and other emissions control devices.

This has been discussed to the nth degree, but it's never been a matter of 'if', only a matter of 'how much'......a question I'd be asking, then authoring numerous classified ads to fund, IF it were a wagon.

I am wondering why they want to bring in a pickup Cruiser when you need to pay 25% import duty on them vs 6% on a wagon !

Apples & Oranges. Holy Grail vs. Holy Grails Cousin.

It just does not make any sense,countries where you see more PU then wagons have usually a heavy roadtax system that makes the pu cheaper to use.In the US it is all the same and paying more to get less seems weird to me.Plus the fact that several brands are selling pu's in the us but not may "trail rated" wagons.

I am with Chris a lhd 70 series wagon could find it's way to my driveway a pickup will be less likely.The cruiser pu is to small to pull my trailers so I would have to keep my Ram to do any work anyways :(

Screw a chair in the bed and call it a wagon? Ford did it.

This is where the above suggestion "unfounded statements be refrained from" comes in. If you have ever driven one of these, you know your ram would stay in the driveway and the L79 would do the towing. These are --not--- small vehicles.

That being said, and with respect, we only have interest in importing the L79 at this time, and there is more than enough interest in customers purchasing the L79 for our purposes.

The chair in the back is a great idea ala the Subaru Brat. Bench seats & calling it a troop carrier maybe?

Unfortunately, and factually, the L79 was built as, classified as, and sold as a light duty truck by its' original manufacturer, Toyota. You can classify it any way you wish at customs, but they will simply crumple up your paperwork and say "nice try". It is a light duty truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom